Sonic Electronix

Oh, and what do you have those kenwood amps wired to? I had a couple 12's wired at 2 ohms, set the gains right before clipping which was like 750 watts.. boom a week later your problem showed up. I would turn the volume down and it would stop and play constant.. I grabbed a clamp and volt meter, checked the output.. 400 watts. That amp just seems to be SHIT! It'll play all day at 400 watts.. Try it, set the gains for 400 watts and see if you find the same thing. Just barely going over 430 watts would make mine lose power.

You know what... I had a few of them kenwood 1800's also, and they both do that same shit! Get a refund if you can and don't look back!

I use to work at best buy. Those amps was 299.99 and after discount I paid 110 for each. My kicker 1000.1 amps seemed to do the same. I have a second mechman 220amp alt coming in. Going to try that.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Oh, and what do you have those kenwood amps wired to? I had a couple 12's wired at 2 ohms, set the gains right before clipping which was like 750 watts.. boom a week later your problem showed up. I would turn the volume down and it would stop and play constant.. I grabbed a clamp and volt meter, checked the output.. 400 watts. That amp just seems to be SHIT! It'll play all day at 400 watts.. Try it, set the gains for 400 watts and see if you find the same thing. Just barely going over 430 watts would make mine lose power.

Clipping starts at 810 watts. 900 rms at 2 ohms amps do. But clips at that high. 750 watts I am running now. Hoping when I get my second 220 amp alt it stops. if not I will take your advice and get another amp. What do ya recommend? I was thinking on the soundstream subs. Hoping that I do not change my mind again. lol...

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

you definitely shouldn't need another high output alt with that setup. it sounds like something else is wrong. check voltages at several locations to find out whats going on (if it is in fact a power issue, and not the amps themselves like Mad Mike had suggested) otherwise, your gonna be throwing money at this thing and never get a positive result.

edit: I misread, but you still need to see what your voltage is doing.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

you definitely shouldn't need another high output alt with that setup. it sounds like something else is wrong. check voltages at several locations to find out whats going on (if it is in fact a power issue, and not the amps themselves like Mad Mike had suggested) otherwise, your gonna be throwing money at this thing and never get a positive result.

edit: I misread, but you still need to see what your voltage is doing.

Yea. Probably should check the whole electrical. I have a new DC audio 2.0k amp and I know that amp is not bad. At-least I hope that it is not a bad amp. Now maybe my kenwoods. Glad I did not order that alt yet.... Busy hockey weekend. So I'll have to wait till my games are over on monday... Thanks everyone for some suggestions.