Sonic Electronix

Hi everyone... i'm new to the forum. I'm from the bay area, ca and i used to be really big into car audio. I used to be sponsored by Memphis back in 2003-2004. I left the car audio scene for a few years and decided to get back into it last year. My budget has been pretty tight due to me being the only breadwinner in my household. I have a 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe (Non-Onstar/Non-Bose). Up until last week, i only had a deck and some subs. Last week i changed all my 4-gauge wire to 0 gauge and added some Image Dynamics CTX-65CS components to my front doors. I mounted the crossovers behind the screen shield, the tweeters in the location of the stock tweets and the 6.5's in the same location the stock ones were. In the back doors i added some Image Dynamics CTX-65 Coaxials. I ran everything with 14 Gauge wire to an old Memphis Belle 16-MCH1300 5 Channel Amp that i had laying around. My head unit is a JVC AVX-830 Double Din Deck (I love this deck because of the detachable face... in my neighborhood, you have to have a detachable face). For my subs, i am now running 2 Kicker C15's (I know i know... cheap subs but im poor lol.) I built the box myself and it's the first box i've built since 2003. It's not done cosmetically. My box is roughly 6.8 Cubic feet air space and with seperate chambers, that makes about 3.4 cubic feet per driver. I have 3.5"x15" slot ports for each driver. I am running a Hifonics Brutus BXI1610D amp for the Kickers (i know... another cheaper product lol). Believe it or not, the Kickers actually pound and my system is super clear and knocks harder then my friend's 3 Rockford Punch stage 2 12s. However, i want to upgrade the Kickers to new subs because i finally got a little extra cash to invest in my tahoe...

Now, i have narrowed it down to 2 different subs. I am looking at the Soundstream T6-15 and the RE Audio SEX15D4. I can get the RE Audios for 360 shipped for the pair and i can get the Soundstreams for 400 shipped for the pair. I was wondering if anyone has heard these and had some input on to which ones are a better sounding sub. I know they are 2 different types of subs as the Soundstream subs run at 900 watts rms and the RE Audios run at about 600 Watts RMS... but i have heard the RE Audios can take a lot of abuse as opposed to some Soundstream products. Plus with the amp i'm using, i wouldnt be utilizing the full potential of the soundstreams...

If anyone else has any suggestions on a better sub that will run between 350-400 for the pair, i am open to suggestions as well. Thanks for your help in advance.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a pair of sundown SA-12's for less than $400. Check em out on youtube, I think I saw a dude do 150db+ with a pair of em on 3k watts or somethin like that.

i was checking out the sundowns but the cheapest i had found them was about 480 for the pair shipped... my supplier doesnt carry them either so i was looking around online... that was the cheapest i could find... can you share a link where i can get them for less then 400 bucks?

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Sa's get my vote over the subs you mentioned too but....

AQ sd2.5

http://www.audioque.com/Street-Duty-SDC25-15-D4-Subwoofer_p_12.html

Obsidian

http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=6

Skar vvx

http://www.woofersetc.com/p-10303-vvx-15d2-skar-audio-15-dual-2-ohm-subwoofer.aspx

Just to name a few other subs in that budget...

Edit: well the skar's a few bucks more than I thought.

Edited by bassrace

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

I would go with the SA's or the VVX good subs in your price range.

^^ x2

and very similarly built :peepwall:

Edited by UKnoitsMe

Man I'm glad I didn't lock this I get to witness two retards holding hands telling each other that it'll be ok because they are awesome.