Sonic Electronix

Well for a while now I got it in my head that these are in the "shitty" and "do not buy" category of companies, I don't know why but that's what I think of when I hear their names.

Am I right or wrong?

yessir.... i myself own a power acoustik mofo 122x and shit takes a beating .... it sounds alright. would i buy it again? prolly not but it was a noob thing and ive had it for like 6 months now lol just beating the snot out of it..... shit i turned the gains all the way up to send a majorly clipped signal to it and it never got warm or got stinky on me....... now they are turned back down but its still goin strong lol

lanzar i would never buy....ever.

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

Green 1995 Subaru Legacy wagon 147k- $1K

headunit- pioneer premier deh-p650-$25

4 Lead acid batts. 1 up front and 3 in back- vented outside.- $50

4 vvme L11 10"s <- $30 shipped a piece

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

Selenium 6"s in the front doors on headunit power- for now -$20

quantum tweets in door-for now -$10

boston acoustic 5 1/4 in rear doors- for now-Free

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

roof sound deadened (not peel n seal ftw)-free

on 80 amp alt (bench tested to put out 100 amps faithfully) <--?-$10 for test

about $430 for everything<----Not bad at all

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

That's hardly how gain works and not a reason why its good. You turned the gain up yet it still wasn't able to pull enough current to destroy itself does not make it stout.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lanzar optidrive amps are pretty decent

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

I used Lanzar products TONS of time when i lived at Venezuela, i know they aren´t the most powerful or anything like that, but they get the job done for a very small amount of money, i´ve used the vibe,heritage,pro and opti lines with great success :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I mean, you defend power acoustik but denounce lanzar, lol.

not really defending P.A. just saying im surprised i havent burnt up the coils yet lol

oh and i know gain isnt a real measurement lol i dont use gain as a volume knob....i cant stand when people have theyre gain at "only 3/4!" its says to me "idk wtf im doing and am going to ruin a decent pair of subs"

and yea you are right about not pulling enough current..... dont have any kind of REAL power going to it..... less than 500 rms lol but with a clipped all to hell signal i thought thatll blow any sub ..... i dont know enough about that to really say much about it but i do know its BAD and why it blows subs.

but hey i did say that i wouldnt buy another P.A. sub again :) that should count for something......

Edited by 95legwagon

i think there real i was looking through that guys stuff he sells and it looks like he finds stuff at auctions and just sells it

Yea, it looks like someone got the mids about a month ago....shit. If I had a whole Hertz front stage my ears would jizz all over my cheeks.

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

6 cu. ft box (after displacment) tuned to 32ish hz with 10 inch sonotube. -about $50 all together maybe a lil more

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

still gotta add 3 way crossover, amp for front and rear door speakers and maybe eq

PA & Lanzar = :No: :No: :No:

Waste of money when you can spend a few more hundred and get 10x the quality.

/\ werd_msword.gif

/ LOL

My Low Budget Build:

2 aspm 1300 strapped

big 3

1/0 and 4awg throughout.

Count pyramid in that list too. My girlfriends little bro bought a "1000" watt amp. It had a 20 amp fuse and in the book it said it did 35 watts rms but all over the amp and box it says 1000 watts so that's what got him. The amp was also half the weight of a headunit lol

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch