Sonic Electronix

i used to have a 90 honda crx.. i ran 4 of the 8" lanzar max.. (beefy surround).. on a memphis 1000d.. in the proper box they sounded just phenominal.. killed from the 28hz bass to the 45hz bass..they lasted me well over a year too

and it was user error when they died.. it was a super cold wimter mornin (like 15 below) and i gave them too much juice before they warmed up and ripped a spider

Edited by getlocivic

I can tell a lot of you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Except teamHT lol.

Old school power acoustik amps are stout little guys. Same with lanzar. And lanzar optidrive amps do more than rated. I would love to own one. It's the newer stuff of those brands that are shit. If you're hesitant, look at the fuse rating on them. That should tell you.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

My friend bought a lazar amp.. He liked it, it did well but he switched amps because he said the amp kept overheating. He told me it was pretty good for the price though...

I learned my first lesson on setting gains on a Dual amp I bought at walmart... burned up a coil.. but since I learned to use it properly its been serving me well. Personally I think that its up to the installer to make it work.

Basshead-in-Training

Count pyramid in that list too. My girlfriends little bro bought a "1000" watt amp. It had a 20 amp fuse and in the book it said it did 35 watts rms but all over the amp and box it says 1000 watts so that's what got him. The amp was also half the weight of a headunit lol

I hate that they get away with shit like that

2005 Honda CR-V

AQ HDC315-A

Hifonics BRZ1700.1D .5 Ohm

4.4 ft^3 box

Kenwood Deck

Big 3

XS Power D5100R Starter, D975 Rear

my Lanzar has been fine for me in my setup...I have hammered on it for 4 years now...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

for the money, lanzar is great, i wont speak on PA because i haven't owned anything from them. old lanzar stuff was amazing, even the OPTI amps now are pretty good and i too want to own 1. in the end, you get what you pay for... most of the time. sometimes more, sometimes less. I have a 300 watt rms lanzar 8 that was taking 1k daily for a month in a box 4 times the recommended size, it hammered lows too. :shrug: it's my surround sound sub now.

edit: lanzar and PA get a bad name on these forums more for 1 person saying something, and 500 running with it. probably only 40 of those 500 have ever used lanzar or PA, but all 500 speak as if they know them as the back of their hand.

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

i just recently swtiched out a P.A. 2400 watt max amp (it was at 2 ohm per channel) and his voltage drop hit 11.8 for a DC Audio 2.0k (at 1 ohm) and the voltage drop went up to 12.9 and the subs increases by 5 DB

that is from 14.4 starting and on some shitty subs in a shitty box until i have time to built him a new box for his 4 DC 8s

moral of the story is the good amps arent that much more money, are a thousand times more efficient (even at lower ohms), sound a million times better and are far easier on your equipment.

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/