Second Skin Audio

New BTL N2 AQ2200D amp tuning help.

I just installed my BTL N2 on a AQ2200D 2200 watt rms amp and it sounds great so far but the gain on the amp is only halfway up as I don't know if the btl would be able to handle the gain all the way up.. Anyone have this setup or have an opinion on if I can turn the gain up higher? If it would take it I would have the gain all the way up.

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

kinetik 1200 (under the hood)

kinetik 2400 (dedicated to the sub)

Mids and highs coming soon!

your gain setting is completely dependent on input voltage and has nothing to do with how much your amp can put out.

um?.... so the gain has nothing to do with the amp? how is that?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

I have a kinetik hc1200 under the hood and a hc2400 dedicated to the sub, all 0 guage wiring, and a 150 amp stock alt. the amp is 2200 watts rms and the sub is 2000 rms so?

1 15" FI BTL N2

AQ2200d

Big 3

Pioneer head unit

your gain setting is completely dependent on input voltage and has nothing to do with how much your amp can put out.

It depends on your rca pre out voltage, the gain is not a volume knob.

yes the sub can handle the amp but dont set the gain all the way up it will send a bad signal and will burn your sub, it will do that even if you had a 1000 watt amp

I said with the output of the amp. You don't get "more" out of your amp by turning the gain up, you get the most out of your amp by setting the gain correctly, and that correct setting has nothing to do with output, but the input of the amp. The higher the input voltage, the lower your gain is set.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I said with the output of the amp. You don't get "more" out of your amp by turning the gain up, you get the most out of your amp by setting the gain correctly, and that correct setting has nothing to do with output, but the input of the amp. The higher the input voltage, the lower your gain is set.

his not talking about battery voltage his talking about the voltage the h/u send through the rca. it can be 1v it can be 2v it can even be 5v so depending on h/u that you will have to set your gains