Sonic Electronix

So I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro and im running a hcca 15.2 dialed down to 1 ohm thats being pushed by an orion 2500.1 amp. it also has 0 gauge wire all threw it and a 4 farad cap. my question is how i should go about breaking it in. ive already blown one and i want to treat this one diffent. its in a ported box, about 3 cubic feet. and the amp is only up a fourth of the way. the sub is a monster, its shakes the shit out of the nitro already.. but i need to get it past the burnt coil smell properly.. any advice. im new here so please dont start callin me an idiot and shit. hear me out and help me out.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a 2008 Dodge Nitro and im running a hcca 15.2 dialed down to 1 ohm thats being pushed by an orion 2500.1 amp. it also has 0 gauge wire all threw it and a 4 farad cap. my question is how i should go about breaking it in. ive already blown one and i want to treat this one diffent. its in a ported box, about 3 cubic feet. and the amp is only up a fourth of the way. the sub is a monster, its shakes the shit out of the nitro already.. but i need to get it past the burnt coil smell properly.. any advice. im new here so please dont start callin me an idiot and shit. hear me out and help me out.

I usually break in my new subs by free airing them for a few days at a really low frequency say 10hz. You could also wire your amp up to a higher impedance and just rail on it full blast.

Your problem is not with breaking in the subwoofer. It seems your problem is that you are clipping the living hell out of it which is why you are smelling the voice coils. The only way to move past the voice coils burnt smell is to set your gains properly and make sure you are not clipping the sub to living hell and back. Once you are able to achieve that, then I'm sure you will not have any issues. This subwoofer does not need broken in. Thank you and have a very wonderful day

:ninja:

Fuck break in, just bump it full tilt. You blown your last one for having it clipped. Go to a shop with an oscope or buy yourself a dd-1 to tune your amp perfectly with no distortion.

Edit: upgrade your battery and get rid of the cap. It may 'help' now but in the long run, your alt will fail.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Don't worry about breaking in it.

Just play with it as you want, it'll become louder later. No need to do something special.

How did you broke the first one ? Did you reconed it ?

Set your gain right and you should be good to go !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Your problem is not with breaking in the subwoofer. It seems your problem is that you are clipping the living hell out of it which is why you are smelling the voice coils. The only way to move past the voice coils burnt smell is to set your gains properly and make sure you are not clipping the sub to living hell and back. Once you are able to achieve that, then I'm sure you will not have any issues. This subwoofer does not need broken in. Thank you and have a very wonderful day

:ninja:

what does clipping mean?

Don't worry about breaking in it.

Just play with it as you want, it'll become louder later. No need to do something special.

How did you broke the first one ? Did you reconed it ?

Set your gain right and you should be good to go !

the first one just fried. i thought it as too much power for it to handle for being first popped in. but no recone, i just got a new one popped in at the shop i got it from. no cost. and what exactly should i look for at setting my gain?

my setup is far from finished, i have a number of other things to do. it sounds like to me i need a good tune on it.. but like i previously said, if i turn the amp up anymore right now without the dynamat in there i think my back hatch my fly off lol.

Archived