LED lights lighting up when bass hits

i did it by hooking positive to positive on amp then negative to ground it didnt work when i hooked the negative up to the negative on the amp had to ground it i used some wallie world leds rofl they survived never had a problem

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Sigh.. I've explained this before plenty of times lol.

If you hook your LEDs to your speaker terminals and they light up with the bass, it means you're clipping. LEDs light up when shown DC current, correct? What does an amp do when it clips? Outputs dc current. So what you think looks cool, is actually ruining equipment. Do it the right way, someone sells a little box that takes the rca's and transfers the signal into power for the LEDs.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

thanks C-Fizzy that actually makes sense. I didnt think about it like that. I bet if you could pull up threads that are about this same thing there would be quite a few. Im glad i havent ran any LEDs with my new better equipment. lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

my question, then is why is my amp always clipping if i have my gain all the way down n volume nowhere near its clipping volume?i got 1000 leds from china for 3 bucks n if it will only work with clipped power then my shits broke guys.all of it.damn them mtx amps n alpine decks.trying to ruin my stuff

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

Sigh.. I've explained this before plenty of times lol.

If you hook your LEDs to your speaker terminals and they light up with the bass, it means you're clipping. LEDs light up when shown DC current, correct? What does an amp do when it clips? Outputs dc current. So what you think looks cool, is actually ruining equipment. Do it the right way, someone sells a little box that takes the rca's and transfers the signal into power for the LEDs.

Thanks a lot Fizzy, I'll have to look into this. Any ideas on how much it might cost?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Ummm...hate the jack this topic...but I have led that blink to the bass....its only a box that is based on sound. You plug it into yoir cig lighter

If I plugged my led lights in my speaker wire....my led bulbs will blow up immediately....I suggest you DO NOT do that

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Archived