Second Skin Audio

How to get the most flex?

des343

I just dontbknow where to get the box specs for these subs at all....

And thanks but I have a multimeter

I found the parameters for those drivers so to see what you are missing let me know the exact dimensions of the box you are running them that includes the port dimensions and what is your complaint, you want them to be louder?, lower? or what.

I got your drivers modelled already.

Ok so I am closing in on determining how your actual box sounds like.

The height of the center port should be 13.25 in.

I need some help though, I need to know the width of the center port...??

Also if possible the lenght of the port which just involves using a tape measure since that port does not turn.

Also what are the maximum dims you have for a new enclosure. I am guessing a bandpass enclosure is what would meet your needs.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first know one knew you was talking about speaker flex. Flex to me means what my truck it self does. Not sub movement. And these guy that were trying to help you are not morons they know what there talking about. Sit back for awhile and read some and you will see. Its easy to misinterpret how things sound to others in text. In person it would have sounded better. Calm down dude an don't get mad over nothing. There's alot to gain from being a member here. You will grow to find out your wrong. If I were you I would apologize to them or you won't get far here. You get what you give around here. Its a good place to learn new stuff. And the best audio forum in the world.

Sounding good does not equal SQ...hell, you might not even like the sound of a real SQ setup.

Wait.. really? :blink:

Unless you mean a flat response for a real SQ setup, i could see people not liking that.

i dont thing i understand this one guy....

FIRST he came to the forum asking for flex and be louder advices

and LAsT, he gets angry at a guy that knows more about car audio stuff than he does??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

look you guys are just plain and simple stupid thinking that because you have been on a forum for 5 years OMG let me bow down..you dont know me or shit about me or what i know...so quit acting like you do.

and have 10,000 post once again ill bow before the "master with lots of post"

you dont know me and dont know what i know...

and flex and excursion ISSSS the same thing the both mean to MOVE from one place to ANOTHER...look the only way you can even argue with me is that in the AUDIO world excursion and flex mean something different

in the REAL world if u ask almost ANYONE they will tell you its PRACTICALLY the same thing...

im tired of going on forums being nice just trying to get some simple basic help from people that should be able to completely feel me on this and be into the same hobby not a bunch of wanna b expert pricks that bash people askin for help

the point of this forum isnt for you to bash people its to help and if you dont know shit about the topic or dont plan on giving any input that isnt TOTALLY WORTHLESS then GTFO...

its that simple how pathetic do you gotta b to take time out of your day to say "lol" post wait load..

For those of you on here that ACTUALLY are grown ass men i appreciate the help and the info and ACTUALLY TRYING to understand the post if it wasnt understood at first and then trying to help...it just sucks that the general population of this hobby happens to b a bunch of immature dicks.

idc if you are steve meade himself if you dont got shit to say then shut the fuck up because i dont care if its funny or if you dont like audiobahn

and here is the current system after i tuned it using my DMM which i learned HOW to use from google...no thanks to anyone on here..

check it out and please dont waste your time bashing ill j

ust delete it. but give input even constructive critisizm

look you guys are just plain and simple stupid thinking that because you have been on a forum for 5 years OMG let me bow down..you dont know me or shit about me or what i know...so quit acting like you do.

You're right, post count and join date do not make anything true.

and flex and excursion ISSSS the same thing the both mean to MOVE from one place to ANOTHER...look the only way you can even argue with me is that in the AUDIO world excursion and flex mean something different

in the REAL world if u ask almost ANYONE they will tell you its PRACTICALLY the same thing...

im tired of going on forums being nice just trying to get some simple basic help from people that should be able to completely feel me on this and be into the same hobby not a bunch of wanna b expert pricks that bash people askin for help

the point of this forum isnt for you to bash people its to help and if you dont know shit about the topic or dont plan on giving any input that isnt TOTALLY WORTHLESS then GTFO...

its that simple how pathetic do you gotta b to take time out of your day to say "lol" post wait load..

For those of you on here that ACTUALLY are grown ass men i appreciate the help and the info and ACTUALLY TRYING to understand the post if it wasnt understood at first and then trying to help...it just sucks that the general population of this hobby happens to b a bunch of immature dicks.

idc if you are steve meade himself if you dont got shit to say then shut the fuck up because i dont care if its funny or if you dont like audiobahn

Flex is synonymous to bend. Excursion is an industry measurement of the "stroke" a speaker is capable of. Not even close to being the same thing. You mixed up your words, shit happens. Take the responses with a grain of salt, no need to be an ass.

I just dontbknow where to get the box specs for these subs at all....

And thanks but I have a multimeter

I found the parameters for those drivers so to see what you are missing let me know the exact dimensions of the box you are running them that includes the port dimensions and what is your complaint, you want them to be louder?, lower? or what.

I got your drivers modelled already.

Ok so I am closing in on determining how your actual box sounds like.

The height of the center port should be 13.25 in.

I need some help though, I need to know the width of the center port...??

Also if possible the lenght of the port which just involves using a tape measure since that port does not turn.

Also what are the maximum dims you have for a new enclosure. I am guessing a bandpass enclosure is what would meet your needs.

Thank you for the effort and input.

as far as max dimensions possible i pretty much have unlimited about of space (for what ill need for tens) they are in the back of a 98 explorer my biggest one to worry about is length and i think that is about 35 or so inches

ill measure if you need

but im not going to lie im not sure im even capable or constructing a nice bandpass box even if i had all my dimensions andf everything laid out...they are so much more technical and precise

and here is the current system after i tuned it using my DMM which i learned HOW to use from google...no thanks to anyone on here..

check it out and please dont waste your time bashing ill j

ust delete it. but give input even constructive critisizm

i never said having 10k posts means i know something. but being here for so many years, you KINDA learn something. and LOL here we go with the "you dont know me or my life hoe, fuck y'all".

if you were really as smart as you say you are, you would know that the dmm tuning method is only one step above tuning by ear (in some cases).

you have had 3 pages of help and you're getting butt hurt cause you're stupid as all fucking hell. some of the people that made fun of you have 150+db systems, something that you'd probably never achieve.

you keep throwing out meades name like you know him or something. it doesnt make you cool if you throw out his name in your posts.

and no, i guaran-fucking-tee you if you ask every member on here, they will tell you flex and excursion are two completely different things. you're just pulling shit out of your ass and throwing it into the fan for everyone to read and laugh at you.

keep posting and ill keep laughing man. too bad im getting paid to write this reply as i speak

edit: and what the hell is with the random ass multiple paragraph spacing?

Archived