Writ of Repossesion, Worth it?

When I had left my ex in FL and moved back to MN I had left my car for her and my audio in it, which didn't bother me. The only thing I asked of her was to ship me my pc when possible, well its about 6 months down the road, still no pc. I could go for all the audio in my previous vehicle, my pc and her pc if I wanted, but its going to cost me around 400$ to start the court process then a court date and then convincing a judge to allow the state of Florida to repo my 18" 2 pc's and my amps. You think this would be worth my time or not really?

2012 Ford Ranger:

Build comming soon!

• Kenwood DNX-6160
  • DC 175.4
  • 2 sets of O2 AR63 3-way Comps

When I had left my ex in FL and moved back to MN I had left my car for her and my audio in it, which didn't bother me. The only thing I asked of her was to ship me my pc when possible, well its about 6 months down the road, still no pc. I could go for all the audio in my previous vehicle, my pc and her pc if I wanted, but its going to cost me around 400$ to start the court process then a court date and then convincing a judge to allow the state of Florida to repo my 18" 2 pc's and my amps. You think this would be worth my time or not really?

I work in the repossession industry. you are going to have to also pay a repo company to get the shit for you, as well as any other court fees etc. Not to mention the repo company isnt going to want to ship said items to you, you need to arrange their transport or pick the shit up yourself. you are better off going and getting it yourself. or writing it off. not to mention, im not sure that you can technically file for a writ of reposeession on something that isnt financed, and that arent the lein holder on. If you had let her borrow the money to buy said items and had a contract, youd would then be the lein holder and technically able to have said items repossed. At this point though, it is more of a civil court issue, i.e. sue her in small claims court for the cost of the items she is refusing to return. Civil judge will then order her to turn over the goods or fork over the cash. Not to mention a small claims court filing is mucho cheaper than a writ of reposession. And a whole other grey area is who's car is the stuff technically in? if it is her car, I.e. registered in her name and all of said items are in that car, any real repo company wont touch it with a 10 foot pole. Cant break into someone's property to get someone elses shit back. Esp. Florida...they have some strict rules regarding repo's and is one of only a handful of states that requires certain types of certifications and actually enforces it. Just sue her for your shit. Itll be cheaper, easier, and faster.

1999 Lincoln Town Car-(build underway)

- (2) SA15s, 4th order, DAT 2500.1, O2 mids n highs, 250a alt, HC 2400, Big 3....

1994 Pontiac T/A for speeding tickets.-

- Currently on jack stands, wanting to be a real race car

"Your local forecast, all the ladies in the metro area should expect to see 8 inches tonight" - The Todd

Decaf, on 01 November 2011 - 02:38 PM, said:

i provide the ammo for destruction, the trigger finger is connected to the volume knob tho

URBAN GORILLA AUDIO