Attention all music boosters

Boosting and chopping and screwing it's not copyright infringement. Period. Please delete this thread.

It is when you share it. You don't own the copyright so you cannot distribute the music.

It's actually when you distribute not share. Legally there is a big difference.

Boosting and chopping and screwing it's not copyright infringement. Period. Please delete this thread.

Please elaborate. It is 100% copyright infringement. You are taking someone elses property and modifying it. Its like buying a brand new car, changing some crap on it and re-selling it. You just took a product that someone owns and had copyrights for and put your own copyrights (if any) onto it. I strongly believe in what nate has said and stand by him with it.

This is a horrible example to use since MANY people buy vehicles, modify them, and then resell it. Also, no one who edits these songs are putting their own copyrights on it, and they are not even making money off of it. Law of the Land shall prevail, I'm just saying.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Please elaborate. It is 100% copyright infringement. You are taking someone elses property and modifying it. Its like buying a brand new car, changing some crap on it and re-selling it. You just took a product that someone owns and had copyrights for and put your own copyrights (if any) onto it. I strongly believe in what nate has said and stand by him with it.

Not only is your analogy terrible, because I doubt anyone on here is reselling the music as there own :noob: , Not once is a booster or someone who chopped and screwed it claiming that they own the rights to the some or that the song is in fact their own. Under fair use you are not making profit off of it, or cutting into the possible profit of the right holder.

no one here is selling any chopped and screwed music for a profit, and changing the song by chopping/screwing it alters the original content... which also makes it not what they sold on the CD, so therefore its not the same thing anymore, and can be distributed legally...

because the music you are paying for, is that specific content, and what people are distributing here is nothing of the original content.

now taking the CD and just letting people download it is illegal

and you better never go to youtube, all that shit is illegal....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

Ok so let me get this straight. You guys are all going to sit here and argue with me about this? You really want to take the chance of the site being seized? I dont. The fair use act is pretty much bullshit. If they want to shut the site down it will happen. If you dont like it I'm sorry. Have these guys set up their own sites and go get it from them. You just can't get it here. Get it from other sites. Just not here. This site is huge and the number one car audio site out there. It will draw more attention than anywhere.

BTW here is the fair use mumbo jumbo from copyright.gov. Please read the last two paragraphs.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

SOPA and PIPA may be in the trash for now, but they'll be back in some form. The way that Megaupload was taken down was completely legal. It has nothing to do with SOPA/PIPA, and the ways they took it down were within preexisting law.

I'm not exactly sure how chopping/screwing is different than making a remix, though. People make remixes all the time, and they don't necessarily have to distribute them for a profit. How is it different? Do they get the rights to make the remix first?

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Click to see my build log!

(2) SKAR VVX-12

Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D

Hey stupid. I got your report. You cant type a coherent sentence but yet think you can run this much power? You cant even hyperlink on the internet. You have no mention of power upgrades. You just want dat big boom dat make dem bitchez panteez drop. Next time you report someone make sure the one getting the report isnt the one you reported.

how is it different? They arent being distributed here. how do you guys not get it?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Not only is your analogy terrible, because I doubt anyone on here is reselling the music as there own :noob: , Not once is a booster or someone who chopped and screwed it claiming that they own the rights to the some or that the song is in fact their own. Under fair use you are not making profit off of it, or cutting into the possible profit of the right holder.

Well the fact of the matter is this thread was started by an smd staff member so if you dont agree with it then I am sure there are other sites out there to accomodate....

**not being a dick**

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

how is it different? They arent being distributed here. how do you guys not get it?

No, it makes sense. Although chop/screw is remixing, it's not "different enough" for it not to be copyright infringement without asking the holder. I'd be just as concerned. Obviously if they can take down a massive site like Megaupload, they would do the same to SMD since chopping and screwing without permission is illegal.

1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Click to see my build log!

(2) SKAR VVX-12

Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D

Hey stupid. I got your report. You cant type a coherent sentence but yet think you can run this much power? You cant even hyperlink on the internet. You have no mention of power upgrades. You just want dat big boom dat make dem bitchez panteez drop. Next time you report someone make sure the one getting the report isnt the one you reported.

I'll call it the "Wallenda Effect". No matter how good you are, the fine line you walk will be the death of you eventually.

All good things come to an end.

I've had a blast sharing a hobby of mine and educating as much as I can throughout the years. Am I going to stop, hell no... I just cannot share it anymore for many reasons.

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived