low voltage problem

Replacement alternator cost $200. I might as well add $300 more and get 300A mechman alternator.

An alternator is a good investment.

You can have the worlds latest battery bank, and still run out of power. Batteries don't produce power they store they get their power from a charging source ie alternators or chargers. The alternator will help keep your voltage up which will be easier on your amp and will also lengthen the life span of your battery. You also have to remember, especially if your on a stock to recharge your batteries when needed. The alternator wasn't design to charge low voltage batteries but to maintain batteries and your electricals. By charging low voltage batteries with your alt your putting a lot of uneccesary stress on it and shorting its life span like what just happened with you.

you win some, you lose some

Replacement alternator cost $200. I might as well add $300 more and get 300A mechman alternator.

An alternator is a good investment.

You can have the worlds latest battery bank, and still run out of power. Batteries don't produce power they store they get their power from a charging source ie alternators or chargers. The alternator will help keep your voltage up which will be easier on your amp and will also lengthen the life span of your battery. You also have to remember, especially if your on a stock to recharge your batteries when needed. The alternator wasn't design to charge low voltage batteries but to maintain batteries and your electricals. By charging low voltage batteries with your alt your putting a lot of uneccesary stress on it and shorting its life span like what just happened with you.

especially for saz4500 :)

I think most parts stores have alternator testers if you want to confirm that its the alt.

I went couple months back to advanced auto parts to check it and they started talking shit about how shitty xs power batteries are and that yellow tops and capacitors are the GODS of car audio. smh

But it tested out fine.

Too much load on the battery, the alternator can't recover it.

Batteries need to have their charge maintained continually, properly. Running that setup for too long may have damaged the battery.

Parts houses can't properly test big AGM batteries.

If you are pulling 400a of current like Nate says I would recommend at least a 300a alternator, upgraded charge and ground cable from the alternator to the battery and another battery too. Then you should be able to play and maintain voltage properly.

its probably more around 3 if its not being ran at .5. but still he's nuking his factory alt with 300 amps of current too.

its rated at 250 amps from jacob.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived