Here's the video link:

If I did this correctly, this video is unlisted meaning that only those with the link may view it. I'm a pretty shy person in real life, so I'm looking for feedback as to what I could do better or what I should do next time that could help make it more enjoyable. This is a video of the box that I built with my dad over Christmas break and I think that it turned out pretty great for our first build of anything ever. So just hit me with some feedback and read the video description if you have time and/or want to know a little bit more. Thanks!

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

it doesn't sound too bad for only 200w rms. how much rms can those subs handle? i think my friend used to have 2 of those same subs with a 500w kicker amp amp they sounded pretty good for such little power.

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Mids & Highs - T165,T1692

Mids & Highs Amp - T400-4

Subs - 2 12" DC Audio Level 3 M2s

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Alternator - MechMan 220a

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power

Batteries - 2 Optima Yellow Tops

Read the fucking manual. Jesus Christ.

I dunno about that Steve...

Chuck Norris doesnt even do push-ups, he just pushes the earth down.

there 150 rms 300 peak give em more power wire them 2ohm if the amp can handle it and if your giving the amp enough power.

edit also 32 is kinda low for them kicker subs those subs hurt on the excursion. at least ones i got do.

and what size is the wood your using ?

Edited by Relyks

it doesn't sound too bad for only 200w rms. how much rms can those subs handle? i think my friend used to have 2 of those same subs with a 500w kicker amp amp they sounded pretty good for such little power.

Yeah, they're only rated for 300 Watts RMS total but since I had the amp from the old MTX full enclosure I just used it.

there 150 rms 300 peak give em more power wire them 2ohm if the amp can handle it and if your giving the amp enough power.

edit also 32 is kinda low for them kicker subs those subs hurt on the excursion. at least ones i got do.

and what size is the wood your using ?

It is wired to 2 Ohms and the manual gives them a Resonant Frequency of 30 Hz which I read around and found that that's the number you don't want to tune below (correct me if I'm wrong please). But yeah, the few people that I do know who are at least a little knowledgeable about car audio have seemed to be fairly impressed that they're only 2 Comps on 200 watts 8)

That's pretty good for what you got. Sealed off facing forward you should get some nice bump if you can add some powah. An AQ750 will do pretty nice for you, just set your gains right and be nice with the volume knob. If you listen closely to your kickers they'll let you know when they're hurtin.

I have a low power setup and when I get a chance to make a vid I'll respond to your vid. I'm rockin a single RF Punch 1 15" low tuned 3.33cubes@29 Hz. Gets really low for a sub I paid $90 for and is feelin about 180rms.

:drinks:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Thanks for the responses everybody, but as for upgrading I don't plan on doing that for a while. I did manage to snag a job delivering pizzas that I've had since Christmas break shortly after building this box, so once I save up about $1500 I'm thinking of upgrading straight to some beefier 12s in a 4th order on somewhere between 2-3k watts.

I'd love to see a video response srp365! I'm pretty new to camera work and that sort of stuff, but I've always been interested in starting up on bass videos. I tend to head to the parking garage on campus here once a week just to blow off some steam and listen full tilt, so that'd be the perfect opportunity to make bass videos right? :drinks: