Sundown Audio

Exciting! I'd love to be able to have all Sundown speakers by the time I graduate. Sundown + Rockford Power 1000...I'm drooling already.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

That is very dissapointing. The obsidian 18 will sell very very well. Sure wish Sundown would follow suit. Price point near 250 shipped for an 18 and I am not talking FI ssd garbage either... My JL 6.5s had a bigger motor than those ssds had... with better cooling

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

That is very dissapointing. The obsidian 18 will sell very very well. Sure wish Sundown would follow suit. Price point near 250 shipped for an 18 and I am not talking FI ssd garbage either... My JL 6.5s had a bigger motor than those ssds had... with better cooling

EL OH EL you sure you didnt have a ib3?

And its been said before, lack of motor strength from a 2.5" coil on a 18" cone isnt practical. Plus the sa line is probably the most popular line sundown has for dealer sales (guess). And most people who go to dealers arent looking for 18s.

I have had a huge "crush" on sundown since fox_racin4 has been getting his stuff shipped to me lol. Cant wait for the new lines and new things happening this year

Where the news on the the 6's or comp sets & the price drop on the neo 8's/10's ???

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

And its been said before, lack of motor strength from a 2.5" coil on a 18" cone isnt practical. Plus the sa line is probably the most popular line sundown has for dealer sales (guess). And most people who go to dealers arent looking for 18s.

I have had a huge "crush" on sundown since fox_racin4 has been getting his stuff shipped to me lol. Cant wait for the new lines and new things happening this year

The SA line is the most popular, but I am betting the E line will take over. If the 18s were produced, they would sell, Period. Online sales is the majority of Sundown sales anyways. An 18" sub in a vehicle isn't really practical in the first damn place. I would not run an SA18 in my car, but I still want to see it made... damn obsidian

My comment holds true on the Fi. An SA has a bigger motor than the ssd... Huge Pole vent... lol...

The cooling is so shitty that one of my buddies younger brothers burnt a 3" flatwound coil with nothing more than a short run of unfused 8 guage and a 500 watt rms amp in a pickup truck. He didn't burn it all the way though... he didn't have a chance... he suffered from that famous las vegas tinsel design after a few months. Switched to a measly SA and it is louder and not burnt at all. Sub is like new.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

The SA line is the most popular, but I am betting the E line will take over. If the 18s were produced, they would sell, Period. Online sales is the majority of Sundown sales anyways. An 18" sub in a vehicle isn't really practical in the first damn place. I would not run an SA18 in my car, but I still want to see it made... damn obsidian

My comment holds true on the Fi. An SA has a bigger motor than the ssd... Huge Pole vent... lol...

The cooling is so shitty that one of my buddies younger brothers burnt a 3" flatwound coil with nothing more than a short run of unfused 8 guage and a 500 watt rms amp in a pickup truck. He didn't burn it all the way though... he didn't have a chance... he suffered from that famous las vegas tinsel design after a few months. Switched to a measly SA and it is louder and not burnt at all. Sub is like new.

Actually... online sales are no longer our primary source of sales; we did start online and I still make every effort to support our "roots" by staying on top of the forums. But dealer sales have catapaulted ahead in the last year and a half :) It was a battle that literally took YEARS but we are making serious inroads into dealers -- hence the E series debut in full force of all sizes (fastest pick-up in sales of any line we've ever introduced).

In the dealer market we really have no call for an SA-18 design -- we WILL do an X-18 which will be priced in the 300s from a dealer and be a SERIOUS woofer... I am talking 10" spider, 3" coil, etc. I am tooling a 10" spider adapter for the 18" 6-spoke that will be used on the X, Z, and NS lines. The rest of the X line will use our newly tooled frames -- as will the Z and NS lines when the frames are done.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg