Sundown Audio

I'm working on alot of stuff right now... I am not 100% sure how much will make it to the market by the end of this year but lets cover what is currently in the pipe-line :

1) Nightshade v.3 -- Already discussed on the forums a bit. This will be 15s and 18s only for a while -- maybe a few 12s for burp apps but NO TENS.

2) New Sundown baskets in 10/12/15 sizes. I can't show off the renderings yet until my ornamental patent application is in... but think at LEAST as much clearance as the "Eclipse" baskets AND even stronger. 18s will definitely not make it for 2012... but are on the road-map for 2013. This will allow me to make the NS v.3 in 12s for music applications. These will be used on everything larger than the SA line.

** -- With the baskets come all new spiders, cones, and surrounds. Some pretty sick stuff... you guys will like it.

3) Entirely new SAX / SAZ amp line... yes you read that correctly. I won't say any more yet until I get some prototypes Only the NS-1 isn't being re-vamped as it's already brand new and a separate line.

4) The elusive "X" line to go between the SA and Z lines (rated 1kw)... this will start to debut once the baskets are done. 12s first, then 15s, then 10s... not sure if all sizes will fit into 2012 yet or not but we will try! So yes our 1kw line will have huge spiders and tons of throw. And YES the X-8 is still in the works... it's just been a huge pain with the vendors but it's still on the table.

It's been a while since I made a "coming soon" thread... and you know how I like to keep you guys in the loop !

I'm sure I forgot a few things... but don't worry -- I will update along the way !

PS: The new baskets open up 4" coil designs with high excursion. Hmmmm... Wonder what that could mean for late 2012 to 2013 designs ?!

-----

Fun fact :

Our new 15" frame tool = ~7.7 lbs

15" Eclipse Style = ~5.0 lbs

15" 12-spoke = ~3.3 lbs

15" 4-spoke = ~2.7 lbs

Suffice to say I only wanted to tool this once no matter how heavy I wanted to make a woofer motor in the future.

And since basket prices go by the amount of aluminum -- you can see why we won't use it on the SA as it weighs / costs 2.85x more than a 4-spoke

Also I've managed to keep the cut-out within about ~8mm (0.3") of a standard frame on the 12s and 15s. It had to grow a bit as the frame material is so much thicker.

But to fit the 8 3/8" spider that I've grown to like so much from the Z v.3 15" on the new 10" frame I have to expand it by around 1/2" or so. I wasn't happy with just using a 200mm (8.0") spider since I am doing it I may as well do it the way I want it !

So users will have to do a bit more modding to their box on that one... but hey, that is what it will take to make a 10" worth having, IMO As much as I currently HATE making beefy 10s... this will alleviate my hatred for them as I will be able to make 10s throw down like the video I recently put up of the NS v.3 -- food for thought :)

---

PS : Cool... 5000th post on SMD :drink40: :drink40: :drink40:

Edited by sundownz

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

now this is just mean. a "new stuff" thread with no pics

shame on you lol

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

now this is just mean. a "new stuff" thread with no pics

shame on you lol

Pics will be coming on the baskets once I finish up some processes with our patent attorney. Renderings have been done for some time now.

Amp layouts will start finishing up soon for the new models as well.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

theres goin to be alot of sex this yr

8 0

TEAM YEA WE R THAT LOUD2wh03vb.jpgMinnie told Mickey "I want a divorce". Mickey said to Minnie, "Are you Fucking Crazy?" Minnie replied, "No, i'm fucking Goofy!"hit me up for box designs..i specialize in bandpass design

No one likes teasing threads! >.<'

<---wants pictures lol.

Edited by carshateme

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]