Second Skin Audio

Ported Enclosure help / 4th order please

Hey everyone,

Listen I need some help pleased, I have (two) Db Drive platinum series PT10D2 subs, and I need a box enclosure (ported) that will produce loud bass. The box measurements that I have to work with (outside measurements) H 14x D 17x W 34.5 this is the measurements the would make the box flush in the trunk. so I need a loud bass box that fit those measurements, I am having issues. I know that DB recommends .6 sealed and 1.2 ported.. but I want the box bigger and tuned for louder bass. can some one map out a loud bass design for me please, I need help with the port and tuning, 4th order would be great if it can fit the measurements... Help please?

Edited by fastlane

Audio Element Designs "A new level of Sound"

Ok Here is a design suggestion, a bit more net volume and tuned lower will help reach the lower notes better:

Enclosure Specifications:

Fb = 32,186 Hz

Vb = 2,821 ft^3

Subwoofer Mounting = Front Mounted

External Height = 14 in

External Width = 34,5 in

External Depth = 17 in

Port Width = 3 in

Cut List:

* All Dimensions in Inches.

* Wood Thickness is 3/4 for all Parts.

External Enclosure Parts:

Front = 30 3/4 x 12 1/2

Back = 34 1/2 x 12 1/2

Left & Right Sides:

Side 1 = 16 1/4 x 12 1/2

Side 2 = 15 1/2 x 12 1/2

Top & Bottom = 34 1/2 x 17

L Port Internal Assembly Parts:

Front to Back = 12 1/2 x 12 1/2

Extension = 11 x 12 1/2

Asssembly guide:

DSDBDP.png

Edited by Joe X

Joe X, thanks for responding, and thank you for putting that effort in, but I need this as a dual vented enclosure, not a single. Or is this design for dual 10's? I want to hit the lows, but more importantly I would like the box to produce loud bass. Thanks :drinks:

Edited by fastlane

I am really surprised no one else chimed in on this.. hmmm.. thanks, I guess lol.

Edited by fastlane

I fixed the assembly diagram, unless you have more space this configuration is the most space efficient for a ported enclosure (except if you wanted to go with aero ports). Dual ports or dual chamber and port will take up more space.

A band pass will be louder but it will need to be much bigger than that.

The main difference vs. the one suggested by the manufacturer is that it tunes lower giving better bottom end.

should consider a brace inbetween the subs.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help..

Food for thought: I am trying to learn 4th orders, and playing around with the spec of the subwoofers ( DB Drive PT10D2 )and the dimensions i have already.

I came up with 15.5 Depth 12.5 Height 5.5 wide for sealed both sides for 0.61668 ea sub sealed.

port area is about 20.5 wide 12.5 Height 17.5 depth for 2.595 port space, 2:1 ratio?

This is inner area measurements. I think the port was about 46Hz..

If you, or you know someone that knows something about 4th orders, can you help me clean up these measurements? so I can build it. Please remember

I cant go past the outside dimensions of 35 Length 14 height 17 depth but the port and stick out about 1.5" from the face. I will post a pic of the design I played with.

But Joe X if you can help or anybody that would be awesome! and Joe X thanks for the other design. I am using it and building it this Monday! I will post design pic later thx!

Edited by fastlane

This is the design I was talking about. In the post above this I have the measurements, I am sure I am off, could someone help clean this up for me hehehe, I am still learning 4th orders. I apologize for the ruff cut, I am still leaning Google Sketchup 8 lol

402340_207508592677658_100002555550049_385224_1490189520_n.jpg

404172_207510946010756_100002555550049_385233_1809265359_n.jpg

Edited by fastlane