Sundown Audio

Audiopipe 3k

SnowDrifter

Are they any good?

And is $250 shipped a decent price for one?

Yes that's a good price and they are a decent budget amp, I used to run 4 of them at one point then sold them all and went all dc amps. They can be wired and play music at 1 ohms bridged with a strong electrical, they are a little power hungry but for the price are not bad. They will put out dirty power easy though so be careful. I even wired mine down to .5 ohms and they would still play music and burp up to a point then go into protect then without shutting them off, 4 seconds later come right back and take more abuse. If that's all the money you have for a amp....buy it. If you can save up for a better amp I suggest doing so, at one point I had 6 audiopipe amps and their customer service is the worst. So keep that in mind as to why someone would sell 6 of all the same brand amps, they treat people awfully.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

So now the question becomes: Do I pull the trigger on this purchase or look elsewhere?

P.S. Would like to stay below $350, max budget is $400

Get it. It's a pretty good amp. Mines lasted almost 2 and half years of abuse.

They are very power hungry though

Just keep them above 1 ohm bridged and you will.be fine.

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

If you do decide to burp it at .5 make sure your electrical is strong or you'll need a new amp. You gotta roll the bass knob real slow to get the most power out of it, It will go into clip mode if you go to fast or get to a certainpoint and go into protect but pop back out without shutting the amp off in about 4 seconds. .5 Isn't so great for music but will still play it, just goes into protect real easy....like I said you can get away fairly good with 1ohms bridged and it only goes into protect if your slammin on it hard at your tuning level. In my case at 1 ohm mine would go into protect right around 35hz and my box was conveniently tuned at 35hz and it pulled so much current before it went into protect, all audiopipe amps are power hungry and my electrical is pretty Damn strong so if you don't have a volt meter get one at the same time and wire the power end into your amp so you get the most accurate reading.

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

If you do decide to burp it at .5 make sure your electrical is strong or you'll need a new amp. You gotta roll the bass knob real slow to get the most power out of it, It will go into clip mode if you go to fast or get to a certainpoint and go into protect but pop back out without shutting the amp off in about 4 seconds. .5 Isn't so great for music but will still play it, just goes into protect real easy....like I said you can get away fairly good with 1ohms bridged and it only goes into protect if your slammin on it hard at your tuning level. In my case at 1 ohm mine would go into protect right around 35hz and my box was conveniently tuned at 35hz and it pulled so much current before it went into protect, all audiopipe amps are power hungry and my electrical is pretty Damn strong so if you don't have a volt meter get one at the same time and wire the power end into your amp so you get the most accurate reading.

I would be using it for daily. Electrical would be stock alt (140a) and a 4 50ah batteries in addition to the stock one. So not great, not bad.

Edited by SnowDrifter

I would be using it for daily. Electrical would be stock alt (140a) and a 4 50ah batteries in addition to the stock one. So not great, not bad.

logan has a lot of experience with the amp, but don't off the bat just drop the load to .5 ohms.

i had one ap3k at 1 ohm bridged, and it smoked even on the electrical i have.

keep it at 2 ohms bridged or 1 ohm each channel if you can.

especially since you are getting this amp off a budget. i dont want you to just waste money.

and itll keep the vehicle you put it in from smelling like "fried amp".

the smell doesnt go away for a long time

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

logan has a lot of experience with the amp, but don't off the bat just drop the load to .5 ohms.

i had one ap3k at 1 ohm bridged, and it smoked even on the electrical i have.

keep it at 2 ohms bridged or 1 ohm each channel if you can.

especially since you are getting this amp off a budget. i dont want you to just waste money.

and itll keep the vehicle you put it in from smelling like "fried amp".

the smell doesnt go away for a long time

I'll take note thanks.

I'm also open to suggestions since it doesn't seem like this amp is all that great.

dont get me wrong, it is a great amp, very good and alot of people have or still run it.

they do rated but they do not like to go below recommended load.

you can try the aqx line?

they can take a 1 ohm load, and are strappable.

but if i were you, you wont find a better amp for the price!

HMU!!!

95 Bonneville SSE