Which speakers and receivers should I get?

Which sound equipment do you prefer?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Speakers

2. 2. Recievers

Hey guys my options for speakers are klipsch, Mirage, KEF, PSB and whatever you guys recommend, and for the receivers the options are Onkyo, Denon, Harmon Kardon, Yamaha and whatever you guys reccomend. Im looking for a 5.1 setup and my budget it's $2000. Right now my favourites are he klipsch and mirage speakers and Onkyo and denon recievers. Do you guys think these are pretty decent speakers?? If there are better systems for my budget please comment!!! This will be for my new home theatre system with a new sharp 70 inch quattron tv !!

Edited by baller95

I voted klipsch & dennon because it's what I'm running in my HT setup. I have the old R35 series fronts, surround, bookshelf's, and center channel in a 7.1 setup and I love how it sounds (unfortunately my neighbors do not) it really gives you that theatre experience. I can't really speak about their entry level stuff (which is what I assume your looking at with your budget) but I can say I haven't heard a klipsch product I haven't liked. With the receivers, as far as I know all the brands you listed make quality products so pick one that best fits your needs.

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Thanks for the input! For speakers I was looking at the Klipsch B-20 ($400), Klipsch C-20 ($400), Klipsch S-10 ($430), and for the sub the Infinity PS410 ($500). for the amp I'm looking at Denon AVR-791 ($350), I know it's the the best amp out there but it's a pretty good price!! The total is $2,080 + $270 (tax) = $2350! That's a bit over my budget but I'll be purchasing this stuff from bestbuy Canada in about 2 months so hopefully some of these items will go on sale. For the subwoofer do you guys think I should spend the extra $100 for the Klipsch Synergy 12"? Or should I invest it in a better amp?

The synergy series looks pretty nice and that receiver looks decent I think you would be happy with that setup! For the sub stage I'd recommend one of these http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=293-650 powered by

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-752 that would run you $358. Even if you factor in another $100 for enclosure building materials it would still be cheaper than the infinity sub and in a decent enclosure I think it would out perform that klipsch sub. I'm running two 12" epics one in a enclosure with the sub down firing and Tc's 15" passive radiator firing forward and the other in a sealed enclosure both powered by a QSC USA850 and they sound amazing!

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

love me some yamaha receivers!

i liked the older klipsch Vf series towers better than the new Kf series though :(

it seems like they fell into the gimmick "bigger is better" and cut corners rather than staying true to their roots.

the vf series had 3 - 5.25" speakers, or 3 - 6.25" speakers

the new kf series has 2 - 6.5" speakers, or 2 - 8 inch speakers.

i don't think their bookshelf or Qintet line changed much though.

i suppose klipsch still gets my vote b/c they still sound decent and they're the only one's i've heard out of the selection.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

KEF FTW!

I like Denon receivers but the amp in most Denon's won't do a pair of Kef's justice. We use a Denon with a Rotel amp to run the fronts and the Denon runs the center and surrounds.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

I voted Klipsch and Onkyo. The Denon I ordered my parents for their home theater setup was the most difficult POS in the world to configure. Needless to say, we exchanged for an Onkyo. Much better. Also, every Klipsch setup I've heard has blown me away.

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

Alright I've decided on my speakers, I'm going to go with the Klipsch RF62 towers for the front, Klipsch RC52 for centre and the Klipsch RS42 for the rear/surround. As for the sub I might go with the Klipsch SW110B or the SW112B but I'm not too sure. After hearing these speakers in person I was amazed with the clarity and the amazing sound range and power! As for the amp im still not sure which one to get, what do you guys reccomend for these speakers??

• 2 weeks later...