Hey guys so my hood liner looks like crap, its really old and is tearing here and there.

I was thinking of tearing it off and putting peal n seal on the hood but heard it'll come off and don't want it to stink or fall onto the engine.(also don't want to use it from all the negative reviews about it on here lol)

Any of you guys found anything effective for what I'm trying to use? Not really looking to spend a hundred dollars to buy dynaliner or any deadner like that. Just want something that'll look better than what I have, won't fall into the engine or stink, and that'll somewhat protect my hood from heat.

Thanks

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

its alot of heat underneath a hood of a vehicle, peel and seal will stick if cleaned and put on properly, they use the stuff for roofing, but i would try to order oem hood liner

Edited by BFF Larry

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

Don't do it. Peel and Seal is worse than FatMat... and this is what can happen with FatMat when exposed to heat:

fatmat2.jpg

Imagine that under the hood.

DON'T DO IT.

I'd suggest taking a look at something like our Thermal Block or at the very least, a replacement OEM liner.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Don't do it. Peel and Seal is worse than FatMat... and this is what can happen with FatMat when exposed to heat:

fatmat2.jpg

DON'T DO IT.

I'd suggest taking a look at something like our Thermal Block or at the very least, a replacement OEM liner.

dang, didnt know that would have happened!

but get a OEM liner online

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

out of all the people who have used peel and seal this is by far the worst place to put it

FYI its made to go on a roof where gravity helps hold it in place. not upside down or anything like that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

fatmat2.jpg

Holly crap that is fugly.. I am so glad I used Second Skin..

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

now imagine the ugly cleanup

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

fatmat2.jpg

DON'T DO IT.

Oh crap lol ya I don't want that happening under the hood. Hmm wasn't really looking to pay that much to fix this but ima have to pay to play with this one. Thanks Jon ill do some measuring and see the amount I'm going to need

06 Chrysler 300

Pioneer avh-x8500bhs

Hertz Hsk 130.4

Alpine mrp-F600

2 Dc level 4 12s

Dc 2k

Viper 5901

SHCA wiring

KnuKonceptz RCA's

SecondSkin/Fatmat

Big 3-stock alt

out of all the people who have used peel and seal this is by far the worst place to put it

FYI its made to go on a roof where gravity helps hold it in place. not upside down or anything like that.

And to take that statment further

Peel and seal and or fort-o-flash is often times stapled in place to hold it in while you are putting another material OVER it to hold it in place.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)