Wiring problem... Im stumped

well i only have 1 set on the back of my radio and no mids and highs amp yet. But im starting to thing my HU is the one that is F-ed up.

edit: idk how its messed up though...

pioneer with only 1 set of RCA outs? or just 1 sub out? whats the model number?

you should have

3 Sets of outputs (front and rear/subwoofer

its ok to use front or rear

Your right i didnt realize it.

This is the model number. DEH-3350UB

So should i try putting them in the other inputs on the Radio?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I'd try the other rca outs personally, just to see if its an amp problem or rca or h/u acting up. Power off during the swap of course.

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Well i just went down to check and My radio only has 1 set of inputs in the back of it. Im uploading pics right now. but yeah. It looks the same as the one i put the model number up there for but i guess its not the same. Might be an older model even though this Radio is not that old. And i did try both sets of RCA inputs on the amp. i didnt think it would do anything; and it didnt.

Also i tried to check the voltage at the RCAs in the back but i wasnt sure how to do that. I put the Pos leed on the stem of one and the neg leed on the surrounding part of the same one and read nothing while the car was on...

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

you need to use the output, not input...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

didnt work when i had them in the output...

it ,ust be my HU. :( thats the only thing i can think of.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

Well i just went down to check and My radio only has 1 set of inputs in the back of it. Im uploading pics right now. but yeah. It looks the same as the one i put the model number up there for but i guess its not the same. Might be an older model even though this Radio is not that old. And i did try both sets of RCA inputs on the amp. i didnt think it would do anything; and it didnt.

Also i tried to check the voltage at the RCAs in the back but i wasnt sure how to do that. I put the Pos leed on the stem of one and the neg leed on the surrounding part of the same one and read nothing while the car was on...

you have a mono amp. it only has one set of RCA inputs and probably has one set of outputs. wiring an input signal to the output side on the amp is a bad thing to do.

how did you set your gains? if we can confirm you did it correctly then the problem had to have happened between the time you tuned it, and when you hooked up your subs.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

you have a mono amp. it only has one set of RCA inputs and probably has one set of outputs. wiring an input signal to the output side on the amp is a bad thing to do.

how did you set your gains? if we can confirm you did it correctly then the problem had to have happened between the time you tuned it, and when you hooked up your subs.

I used my DD-1 to set my gains.

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

plug the RCAs into the output connections of the amp?????? are you kidding me?

try grounding the outside of the RCA connector to a screw on the HU. it could be that you popped the fuse inside the HU. the fuse is connected to the ground in pioneer units so doing this would just bypass that fuse. and it wont hurt anything if it isnt the problem. only do it on the HU side.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived