Wiring problem... Im stumped

On my sony HU, there's a ATT on the subwoofer tab...it doesn't turn the subwoofers off...but it barely moves them...maybe that's the problem?

well i didnt change any of the setting on the radio other than to make sure the EQ was flat when i was tuning it. i can check that i guess. By,"It barely moves them..." do you mean that they arent really playing at all? because thats what mine are doing...

Yeah, don't quote me on this...but ATT from what I learned is like a form of "Mute"...but not all the way muted. It still plays, but nothing really bumps. It's like a very low low volume.

It may be a setting when you have nothing playing *a form of menu from your HU* (hold down button and it displays options...etc)

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly it. Try pop testing them on the batt n ground inputs on the amp and make sure they both move same direction. or if you have one pair of speaker wire to the amp for each driver try disconnecting one and see what happens. I've done this a couple times. Biggest headache ever

there is only 1 pos and 1 neg going into the amp from the speaker terminals.

they are wired like this....

woofer_configurations-2.gif

And (the + of one sub and the + of the other) and (the - of one sub and the - of the other) are done on the outside of the box. Then just one one side i have 1 + and 1 - going to the amp.... Does that make sense? lol

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

ATT stands for attenuation. Like a mute but doesn't completely kill sound

Yeah that ^ That's what I think is going on with it.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

Sounds like woofers are out of phase.

that would be my guess you have your subs wired wrong and there cancelling each other out

i have done this by mistake many times they play but barely and they move even less

use a drill batt and do a pop test like baaudio said i agree with this guy 100%

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

double and triple check your wiring, aswell as your phase setting on the amp, also ground the rcas on the back of the h/u, if you havent already, just google it, its extreamly comment for the "pico" fuses in pioneers to just take a shit, im pretty sure its your wiring at this point

ninjaed by this asshole above me >:(

hehehehe

but you get all excited because your SO close to being done and having your shit playing, you over look your wiring and it looks perfect, yet theres that one damn wire thats in the wrong spot fucking everything up lol

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Ok well i dont have an ATT setting. i messed with all of the settings on the radio to see and nothing.

The subs dont seem out of phase.. when i turned my radio up to where i can feel the subs moving with my had they both feel like they are moving together but i will do that test yall are talking about. Have to do it tomorrow, its to dark and cold to do it now. lol

And i guess i will ground the RCAs somehow too. I'll look up a vid. If thats the problem is that going to be a permeant thing? unless i get another HU?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

Makes sense. Just make sure they both move in unison when you pop test them. Grab a 9 volt battery and put the positive speaker lead to the positive terminal, and same with the neg. It won't harm the speakers

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

You can't tell by playing music through them because they move both directions. Testing with a 9 volt batt will only pop them in or out.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Ok well i dont have an ATT setting. i messed with all of the settings on the radio to see and nothing.

The subs dont seem out of phase.. when i turned my radio up to where i can feel the subs moving with my had they both feel like they are moving together but i will do that test yall are talking about. Have to do it tomorrow, its to dark and cold to do it now. lol

And i guess i will ground the RCAs somehow too. I'll look up a vid. If thats the problem is that going to be a permeant thing? unless i get another HU?

DUDE! you wont be able to tell if there out of phase unless you test them i have never had an rca problem like that when they go bad ether you get noise or it dont play leave your rcs's alone for right now and go test your fucking subs

they dont seem out of phase to me lmao!!! you know keep dicking with your deck and dont test your wiring hope it all works out for you

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived