DD-1 and clipping.?

hey guys, i just recently got my DD-1 over the weekend, and must admit, it did work to my interiors.! sounds way better than before. my main question is that while tuning the sub amp, i noticed that the amp's clip indicator was going off before the DD-1 detected distortion. should i just adjust my gains to where the amp starts to clip, or should i follow the DD-1 and tune until where it starts to distort.? thanks guys.

hey guys, i just recently got my DD-1 over the weekend, and must admit, it did work to my interiors.! sounds way better than before. my main question is that while tuning the sub amp, i noticed that the amp's clip indicator was going off before the DD-1 detected distortion. should i just adjust my gains to where the amp starts to clip, or should i follow the DD-1 and tune until where it starts to distort.? thanks guys.

def follow the dd-1.

System:

Basically Stock

In process of upgrading

The gain knob doesnt detect distortion. It detects rail voltage.. Thats all the info i can provide i cant go any more in depth LOL

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

def follow the dd-1.

^^^^

Headunit - Alpine 9857

Mids & Highs - T165,T1692

Mids & Highs Amp - T400-4

Subs - 2 12" DC Audio Level 3 M2s

Sub Amp - T1500-1bdcp

Alternator - MechMan 220a

Wiring - 1/0ga XS Power

Batteries - 2 Optima Yellow Tops

Read the fucking manual. Jesus Christ.

I dunno about that Steve...

Chuck Norris doesnt even do push-ups, he just pushes the earth down.

i say back off to the clip. the dd1 is to dectect distortion, not clipping. so even with a soft clip ther might not be distotion. one would say distortion before clipping. but who knows. either way even if it doesnt distort, there can always be a soft clip you wont be able to see without a good oscope. if you trust your clip indicator, and the dd1, i say jus set it prior to the dd1,there for you be distortion free and clipp free from what the indicator is reading

Fresno, Cali 559

What amp are you using. Most clip lights are not very accurate. Might be the reason DC chucked the knobs with the clip lights. Set it to the DD-1 all day, everyday.

@Toad559: I asked about clipping being there without distortion. Steve himself answered, a very long technical answer, and it won't happen. Set it with the dd-1 and forget the clip light, even put a piece of electrical tape over it.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

the DD-1 does detect clipping.

follow the DD1, you should be fine.

from what i hear those clip indicators aren't all that accurate

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.