15" btl n2 box help

Hey just signed up and about to start my first serious trunk build. I've got a 15 BTL n2 d1 and a sundown saz3000d to work with, the 0 awg/alt/ and possibly xs 3100 will go in before the box/amp. plan on running the amp at 2 ohms but may try .5 ohms to see what it's like.

I have a 2003 Camry and I'm unsure of driver/port placement as far as what will sound the best/get the loudest. I am not looking for a number on this at all, want a good daily system. Looking to do 4.5 cubes after port/driver and port it with one 8" flared pvc port and tuned to 28hz.

I am now realizing that this port may not have quite the area I need. Will one 8" "aeroport" be enough? Will the saz3000d @ 2 ohms (roughly 1600 watts) be enough to push this BTL?

Any recommendations as far as driver port enclosure go?

You'll be fine man if its not enough port area add more but you should be fine I would or done 2 6" aero ports. Also do sub and port back or port to the side(driver side) with a loading wall. And run it at 2 ohm until you a ho alt and the batteries to back up half ohm...

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

i had my single n2 at 1 ohm on an aq3500 for 3-4 months in an 8 cube box LOLZ, Im sure in a more efficient box than mine on your saz's power you would be fine. I thought it was a death sentence but it didnt even blow a coil. I would do a driver side port firing back.

Walled Police Interceptor

Four 15s

160s

yeah going for 4.8 ft3 8" aero @ 28hz sub firing back and port drivers side.

i have been looking at a lot of installs, if i were to do sub/port forward and seal it off from trunk, would this be good for music or is that mostly for burps?

if you could seal it off completely from the trunk facing forward that would be loudest, thats good for music. It would be noticeably louder than the rear firing box only if its sealed properly.

Walled Police Interceptor

Four 15s

160s

Are you prepared for how long that 8" aero is going to need to be for that low tuning?

Yeah should be about 30"? And I've been kicking around the idea of sealing it off, but am going to go with the rear firing drivers side port for now, maybe when it's warmer out i'll try and build a new forward firing box and seal it off.