Sundown Audio

2 amps, one bass knob

superdave07

This may be a newb question. But i would rather ask for some opinions rather than harm equipment. I have two db drive platinum 2000.1d amps in my daily driver. I would like to run a single bass knob for them. The amps have a bass knob from the factory. What is the best/simple way to go about this? do I need a splitter? or can i simply splice the wiring and run one knob?

I forgot to mention, i would rather not strap the amps, I can't get the ohm load i want if they are strapped..

Edited by superdave07

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

yes, a phone cable splitter. that is very cheap, and can be found at any hardware shop.

It works for Sundown amps, I don't know about yours.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

yes, a phone cable splitter. that is very cheap, and can be found at any hardware shop.

It works for Sundown amps, I don't know about yours.

x2

It works for the Hifonics Brutus line too.

I have 3 on one bass knob. I just spliced all three together. Good luck bro! :drinks:

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Pac 1 or david navone rca knob.... and why can't you get the ohm load you want by strapping

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

I'm running 4 d1 woofers. I like the ohm load im at now. I'm going to try the phone line splitter. If that doesn't work i will simply splice them. Thanks guys

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com