does this mean i need a new alt?

Ya 1 way to be sure is disconnect one batt start the car check voltage turn on all acc leave car running or drive around come out 30 min later and turn off car check voltage if it is lower then alt is gone for sure. But 90% sure you need a new alternator.

Suburban Build Log

"So much money and time spent making copper winding move up and down a magnetic pole"

DC Audio Eclipse

ok rechecked everything posted, voltage went up to 13.17 and went down to 13.06 and slowly going down .01 at a time

i dunno, would u risk it and drive it tommrow? work is like 20+ miles away from work, or drive another car?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Well,somewhat of an update, I risked it this morning and drove my truck the 30+ miles to work and about a mile away from his house my voltage went from 11.4 to 12.6,12.8, 13.4, 13.8,14.2 OK now wtf is going on with it?

Maby its not all the way gone?

I guess its OK

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

If your alt is dead then shouldn't you be getting a engine light check up flashing? Then again you can simply take your alt to an auto shop like AutoZone and get a free alt and battery check up to be on the safe side. About your alt having to be in your car our out of it for them to check it out I think you should give them a call ahead of time before you start taking things apart. If that passes then you should get your batteries checked up because if one is bad then it will drain the good battery until both goes bad. Then you'll really be in trouble.

Edited by joh17

When your car is parked and running and your voltage is low with all accessories off, disconnect your batteries. If your engine shuts off its your alternator for sure. :rolleyes:

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

ya, a dc power alt is about the same price as a new replacement, but i know of an alt place but he dont like aftermarket alts, prolly cause they cost him buisness due to them not being made out of shit like stock stuff is

i checked both batteries apart and front is like 12.5 or so, and rear is 12.3-12.4, would be a bitch to take the + terminal off, i was gunna try that but to much wire changeing, my power wire is stiff as hell

but when im stoped my voltage goes down to 12v or so and when i go it goes back up again, i dont think its susposto do that that fast but then again

i think it might be a voltage regulator going bad in the alt making it do this, i mean if belt was slipping it would make a noise, i dont make a noise anymore

i have nere no time to work on shit but i'll try to see what i can do this weekend

thankx for the feedback tho ppl :)

If it's does end up being the alt, grab one from the pick and pull - I paid 16.00 for one out of a car like mine and has worked well for me ever since.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback