CC-1 Review Thread

Post your CC-1 reviews here.

I received mine today and the best way to describe it is simply sweet! I have always guessed when setting my crossovers and after using this tool, I now now that I have been NO WHERE CLOSE to where I thought I was. My mids were crossed to low and my tweeters were crossed too high. My whole front stage just became MUCH cleaner and louder.

Great product!

I too can vouch for the CC-1 being such a great tool to have. I received mine today and right when i got home from class today i went to my truck and setup my entire system again. I started with my DD-1 and noticed i was clipping a bit but not hard, just a slight tweak fixed it. I then went to my CC-1 and even using a RF 3sixty.2 the crossover points were still off by a ton. After i set it up with the CC-1 i played my music and i cannot believe how something simple and easy to use like the DD-1 and CC-1 can make your system really sound great. I am really impressed in the quality of the tool as well as the accuracy in it. My system just improved 10 fold for me.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

thanks for the reviews!!! we are very excited about all the positive feedback!!! :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

I too can vouch for the CC-1 being such a great tool to have. I received mine today and right when i got home from class today i went to my truck and setup my entire system again. I started with my DD-1 and noticed i was clipping a bit but not hard, just a slight tweak fixed it. I then went to my CC-1 and even using a RF 3sixty.2 the crossover points were still off by a ton. After i set it up with the CC-1 i played my music and i cannot believe how something simple and easy to use like the DD-1 and CC-1 can make your system really sound great. I am really impressed in the quality of the tool as well as the accuracy in it. My system just improved 10 fold for me.

Can you be more specific on how much a "ton" is :)

I am also using a 3sixty.2 and I assumed that the settings were fairly accurate.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

This thing is great!!!

I got mine on tuesday and the first free second I got we threw this on a friends system. It was so easy! We got his LPF filter perfect and even better...his subsonic filter. Ive never had a good way to test the subsonic filter. Now we know his subs are not being played below tuning, so now the lows (although a tad quieter) are much cleaner sounding.

I bet this would be amazing on an "active" set-up. Its a must have along with the DD-1 if you are a true audiophile!

And the great thing is these tools ate MUCH easier to use than an oscope!

Edit: Also...

I cant wait to use this in my car to match gains and crossover points with multiple sub amps. It will take all the guess work out of setting everything up! Which should create a cleaner and stronger output for the low end.

Great job guys!

Edited by blankskater08

Can you be more specific on how much a "ton" is :)

I am also using a 3sixty.2 and I assumed that the settings were fairly accurate.

I am also curious how much they were off by, I have a 360.2 in my car I may need to check!

i apologize it has taken me this long to get to this topic. It seems my email update function for when ppl post after me was turned off. Anyways....

I noticed that my 3sixty.2 was off a lot (iirc like 20Hz for the high end of my tweeters and 5Hz for my mids). I had it setup so that the tweeters were on highpass at 1.5kHz and the mids were on bandpass from 65Hz through 1.5kHz. I set everything back up with my DD-1 first and my headunit was originally set at a volume of 28 but it found distortion on 27 so i set that there and then i set my 3sixty.2's outputs up and then my amps. Heres how i set my equipment and i know this is not correct before steve, tony or juan chime in but i also verified it the correct way (negative alligator clip of the dd-1/cc-1 to the ground of the battery and red/positive probe off the dd-1/cc-1 to the positive of the rca and speaker outputs). I did however follow the manual precisely as it was directed for setting up my amps as they have a high voltage output unlike my rca outputs.

When i setup my headunit with the dd-1:

1.) Made sure my headunit was on defeat (its a feature for most alpine units which disables the fader, eq, and crossover settings, basically it sets everything to flat and just passes the signal off to the amps or in my case my 3sixty.2)

2.) I played the 1.0kHz and 40Hz test tones at a -5db attenuation on my headunit and made note of the volume levels in which it showed distortion for all the outputs. (you dont really have to do this but i did it to be 100% sure im not clipping or getting any distortion on ANY output of my headunit)

3.) When i connected my DD-1 to the headunits rca outputs i first had it hooked up so that the alligator clip of the dd-1 was clipped around the outside ring of the rca (right near where you grab them to install them) and the red/positive test lead of the dd-1 was on the middle probe of the rca. I did this for every single rca output on my headunit and made note of where the volume would show distortion. What i happened to notice is that my headunit would clip at 29 out of 35 with a 40Hz tone playing but it would clip with the volume at 28 out of 35 for a 1kHz tone playing. I decided to set everything up with my headunit set to a volume of 27 as i know the radio wont clip at all.

notes: for setting up some headunits such as mine you need to have the subwoofer up to 15 out of 15 to achieve the true 4v rms voltage and have no distortion or clipping so you may need to do this too depending on your headunit. Also note do NOT turn up any of your bass, mid or treble settings and keep loudness turned off and make sure the balance and fade is set to 0. You will keep your headunit like this throughout the entire process of tuning and setting your gains.

when i setup my 3sixty.2 with the dd-1:

1.) I first already had my 3sixty.2 setup to auto-eq and flatten out my eq curve for me. If you didnt do this do it now, it takes like 5-10 minutes for it to do this. Just go to file>new install>oem source and follow the steps listed on the screen.

2.) Disconnect the rca outputs from the 3sixty.2 and connect the dd-1 up so that the alligator clip goes on the outer most connection for the rca outputs and that the red/positive probe of the dd-1 goes into the inside of the rca jack.

3.) Make sure your speaker outputs have no crossover settings turned on while you do this setup. For the subwoofer you cannot turn off the lowpass so i set it up to 80Hz and didnt worry about running a 1kHz tone on the subwoofer output.

4.) I kept my headunit at volume 27 and played a 40Hz tone at -5db and a 1kHz tone at -5db for each output. I noticed that the clip light on the 3sixty.2 would flicker but my dd-1 didnt have the distortion light lit up so if this happens to you dont worry its fine.

when i setup my amps with the dd-1 (please note, i do not currently have my SMD or dc 5.0k installed so i only setup my 175.4 but its the same thing for any amp really):

1.) Make sure your 3sixty.2 is still set to fullpass and that your subwoofer lowpass is up as high as it can go and that your amps are set to fullpass, if fullpass cannot be achieved set the infrasonic/subsonic/high pass filter to the lowest setting and the lowpass filter to the highest setting.

2.) Connect the black alligator clip of the dd-1 to your battery's negative/ground connection and then connect the red/positive probe of your dd-1 to the left channel positive of one output. (please make note, in the manual some amps including my 175.4 will have it so that you cannot just put the positive probe of the dd-1 to all the positive speaker outputs, i had to connect my dd-1 so that it was the left positive and right negative per channel. Just connect the positive probe to the positive output channel first and if you do not see any reading on your dd-1 then connect it to the negative of the speakers output.)

3.) I turned the gain up until the distortion light came on for my left channel positive and then i connected the probe to the right channel negative output and made sure it wasnt clipping there at all. (please note, i found that my 175.4 would go into protect even with me pausing the test tones while i was setting the gains when i swapped the probe around on the amps outputs so if you happen to notice that your not getting any signal on the dd-1 look at the protect light, if its illuminated just power off the system and back on and it should return to normal.)

Now the fun part, setting your 3sixty.2 and amps with the cc-1.

Setup your 3sixty.2 with the cc-1:

1.) Disconnect the rca outputs off the 3sixty.2 and connect the black alligator clip around the outermost ring of the rca and insert the red lead into the rca output.

2.) Make a decision on what you want to set your crossovers to for your entire system, if you are not sure refer to the included manual as a reference point. You will want to make note of what track and tones you set each output at as you will be playing these tones again when you setup your amps crossover too.

3.) Once you decide what you want to set the crossover to play that track of the crossover frequency you want to set at on your headunit at the highest volume before clipping.

4.) You can adjust the crossover slope at your discretion between 12 and 24db, i normally recommend 24 for tweeters and 12 for mids and subs but i am running my mids and highs both at 24db and i love how they sound now, its so much punchier. DO THIS BEFORE YOU PROCEED TO SETTING YOUR CROSSOVER FREQ AS IT WILL THROW IT OFF GREATLY IF YOU DO THIS AFTER SETTING THE X-OVER SETTINGS!!

5.) For each output (left and right unless you have the 3sixty.2 setup to share the crossover settings for both sides) you will turn the crossover up or down as indicated by the led's on your cc-1. (now originally i was using a 60Hz highpass for my mids but the cc-1 didnt have a 60Hz track so i set it to 63 instead, not a big difference though, i dont think its bad)

Setup your amps with the cc-1:

1.) Connect the rca outputs of the 3sixty.2 to the amps and disconnect the speaker outputs of your amps. Keep the 3sixty.2's crossover settings to the designated settings you made in the previous setup.

2.) Connect the black alligator clip of the dd-1 to your battery's negative/ground connection and then connect the red/positive probe of your cc-1 to the left channel positive of one output. (please make note, in the manual some amps including my 175.4 will have it so that you cannot just put the positive probe of the dd-1 to all the positive speaker outputs, i had to connect my cc-1 so that it was the left positive and right negative per channel. Just connect the positive probe to the positive output channel first and if you do not see any reading on your cc-1 then connect it to the negative of the speakers output.)

3.) Now you need to decide whether you are going to use lowpass, highpass, bandpass, or subsonic on your amps. Once you make that decision you will set the switch on the amp accordingly and make sure that for lowpass the knob is turned to the right mode position and for your highpass/subsonic set it at the left most position.

4.) Play the test tones you used while setting the crossover on your 3sixty.2 (now please note you may already be calibrated but keep doing this anyway)

5.) If you are setting the lowpass on your amp and it is already calibrated turn up the lowpass until you notice that the arrow pointing downward on the cc-1 is lighting up, when this happens turn the lowpass down a bit until it is back to being calibrated. If you are setting the highpass/subsonic of your amplifier start turning it down until the up arrow illuminates on your cc-1, when this occurs turn the knob down a bit to get it calibrated.

Thats what i did for my entire system step by step and it sounds amazing and is so much clearer and louder.

edit: For anyone thinking that just setting the 3sixty.2 will be good dont think like this at all. First of all i had my infrasonic filter screw up a few times on my SMD and cause it to unload out of nowhere for a couple seconds and then it turned back on. I set the amps as a backup so if the filters on my 3sixty decide to take a shit on me again out of nowhere it wont kill my speakers also it wont hurt to have them both on and running together so why the hell not.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress