CC-1 Review Thread

I ordered the combo pack yesterday & will be able to give a solid review very soon. I always love having new tools! My main interest was the CC-1 but I ordered both as to have a backup for my Oscilloscope. Both also came highly recommended from Ray West (ME Mag 2011-2012 Top 100 Installers) whom is a very good friend of mine & highly respected in the industry. The DD-1 seems very fast to use so I can see myself using that for convenience. Because the oscilloscopes flexibility, this will obviously not replace it completely. I'm very excited to put these tools to good use!

Jon Webb

Performance Audio Las Vegas

7035 W. Sahara Ave. STE 200

www.performanceaudiolvnv.com

Mobile Electronics Mag 2010-2011 Installer of the Year

Mobile Electronics Mag 2011-2012 Top 100 Installers

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Jon Webb

7035 W. Sahara Ave STE 200

Mobile Electronics Mag 2010-2011

Installer of the Year

Mobile Electronics Mag 2011-2012

Top 100 Installers

Awesome Reviews Guys

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Today I recieved the DD-1 & CC-1 which was perfect time to finish up a basic install (Deck, 4 channel running Front Stage + Sub) So I couldn't wait to tear into the packaging & try these things out. I always use the Oscilloscope & RTA for a quick basic tune, so they stay ready to go all the time. On this vehicle I had just scoped the amps & set crossover points by ear. I quickly scanned over the instruction manual to refresh what I had already read online when I downloaded the manuals a few days ago before ordering both pieces. The big plus with these tools is both of these are about as idiot proof as they can get! That makes them very user friendly & super fast! We double checked the input signal from the source & moved onto the input sensitivity of the amifier & the DD-1 confirmed what I saw on my oscilloscope & what I heard with my ears. Onto the crossovers. Changed discs & just unplugged The harness from the DD-1 & plugged it into the CC-1, starting with the sub stage I played track 15, Pressed the read button & set the crossover pot in no time flat. For the Front stage we changed track to 16 pressed the Read button & again the crossover was set in a flash. Setting these by ear definitely takes more time & usually involves me changing discs & playing multiple tracks.

I do want to add that it is very important that you turn the dials as far as you can before reading the track (goal is full range).  If you do not do this the CC-1 maybe reading an attenuated signal set by an existing crossover point. The CC-1 needs to read a reference of a given frequency and will assist you in accurately setting the crossovers by giving you a visual of -3db of the frequency when compared to that reference. If that makes any sense. :)

Overall impression....

Both units are very simple to use & make tuning fast & easy. This is a product that I would highly recommend as a MUST HAVE for anyone working as a Professional Mobile Electronics Technician or DIY'er that wants to properly set gains & crossover points. My only complaint is that I did not buy these sooner! 

Jon Webb

Jon Webb

Installer of the Year

Top 100 Installers

Glad you finally picked them up Jon.

I tried telling you months ago. Haha.

Keep at it, talk to ya soon.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Yes sir. Like I said. I wanted to do a thorough review. I'm going to recommend these to some of the guys back east that are living under a rock. Lol

Jon Webb

Installer of the Year

Top 100 Installers

Haha.

To cool.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Funny how many big guys and good shops love them ain't it..............

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

N8ball13,

I think anyone that tried these tools would love them! The bottom line, These tools works fast & easy!

I'm sure there are a lot of Pro Installers that "won't buy into the hype" & that's fine if they feel that way. Some people may not buy it because they don't like Steve Meade or Bass heads. Personally I like everyone! To each his own!

Here's my stance on this. If you're a mechanic & I could sell you a tool to make part your job faster & easier, Would you buy it? Of course you would! I would say the pnumatic impact would probably a good example & look how common it is now.

So not only are these great tools to have, But they have been a big part of educating Consumers, DIYer's & even Pro's about proper level setting. How many people on this forum thought that the gain was a volume knob before this? Probably a lot! Lol

Jon Webb

Installer of the Year

Top 100 Installers

Thats exactly my point Jon. These tools have a very specific use. They take what can be a pain in the ass process and make it so easy anyone can do it as long as they read the manual. I know for me it saves me alot of time and thats one thing I dont have a lot of. 5 minutes setting gains maybe 5 minutes to do crossovers. 10 minutes for something that I know is perfect? Ill take that all the time. Far better than tuning by ear. especially after you compare your by ear settings alot of times.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The sad part is these won't be the last tuning tools I buy. I'm not saying I have a tool addiction. I'm not going to tool rehab! Lol

Jon Webb

Jon Webb

Installer of the Year