Voice coil temps?

Yes, turn the bass boost ALL the way down. Then set your gain between 1/2 and 3/4, should be a tad better

What?

Why would he have to do that?

He should set his gains properly, with a DD-1, Oscope or atleast with a DMM.

Don't trust your ears, you can't hear clipping properly at all.

Not everyone has a DD-1 or o scope bro.

I was simply giving a rule of thumb that normally works for people. It's a safe place to set it with no BB on.

Haven't seen a situation where a gain 1/2 up has been clipped

Also OP what are you putting your HU on?

I've played around with my multi meter and dd-1 and figured out a pretty effective way (although not great) to set gains and avoid clipping.

Download the dd-1 test disk, set the h/u to wherever it clips at (3/4 if you arent sure), unhook your subs, and play the proper track as per the dd-1 manual.

Now pull out your multi meter, set it to AC volts, and hook it up to the output on the amp. Turn it up until the voltage doesn't go up any more, then turn the gain down until it's 2-3 volts below that point.

As I said... NOT perfect, but better than by ear.

Edit: OP, if you are in WA, you are free to use my DD-1.

Edited by SnowDrifter

even if your amp is set with DD-1 or o-scope, your subs will get warm.

Okay thats what I was wondering.. cause its not like its been getting hot its just never got warm before on the old amp so it had me worried..

I live in Canton and I have a DD-1.

Really?? I work in Norcross maybe one day I get off early we could meet up.. You wouldnt happen to be the guy that had the VVX 15 on CL would you?? lol

Edited by TLSF150