Is a lawyer my best option?

if you have no recieved a check for the car.. they have absolutely NO right to sell your car..not to mention the title and everything is still in your name..

i too went thru a situation like this..they tried putting my car in a police auction before i even recieved anykind of paperwork....

by the time i got to the car..they had already removed the wheels (and put steelys on) and removed EVERYTHING inside..

the very next day i got a lawyer..he fought like a mofo for me.. but i got my car back..and a VERY VERY nice check for what they took..(300 bux more than i had into what they took)..

and the cop who supposedly "filed" the paperwork got a 30 day unpaid suspension

Called my insurance company and the guy about shit when he heard how little the other company wanted to pay me. But it sounds like they won't help me going after the company and if I went with them, although id get it back, I'd still have to pay my deductible. Salvage price is a high ass $1300 too...I'm so fed up right now and have been late the last two days because I have no rental or vehicle of my own, I'm about to start calling local lawyers. Their company has been impossible to get ahold of, dicked me around from the start, wants to pay me shit for my car as well as trying to already sell it out from under me and leaving me vehicless up shit creek for 2 and a half weeks.