Yea, that is a suicide link "reverse" link.

They are called suicide links because of how unsafe they can be.

Plus they are really hard on your frame/welds/tabs/ etc.

I mean, hey, if the links has been working fine for this long, Congrats!! But if you ever plan on redoing it, i would go a different route.

Yeah 13sum years i dont think its going anywhere lol! They are very popular on these truck also! Im not a 4 link expert but i think setup correctly they work fine! I may be swapping for a standard in the future tho! If i do decide to get some real horse power out of this thing ill put a good 4 standard 4link and fuel cell in!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

Haha, yea that's true. The best analogy for a suicide link, is its like using a Shop push broom.

If you put the handle in the center of your stomach (Belly-Button) then start push sweeping, it puts pressure on you stomach. and every bump you go over, it jabs you.

Well that's whats happening with a reverse link. every bump you hit, its jabs into your frame, beating up on your link tabs and all of your weld joints.

VS.

When you have a standard 4 link, every time you hit a bump or anything your link is pulled over by your frame, putting no added stress on anything.

Also, your reverse link, when lifting up high, pulls away from your front, thus taking a chance of pulling your driveline out of the tranny/crossmember.

But again, there are 1000's of reverse links on trucks ou there, and as long as they have a quality installation, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Haha, yea that's true. The best analogy for a suicide link, is its like using a Shop push broom.

If you put the handle in the center of your stomach (Belly-Button) then start push sweeping, it puts pressure on you stomach. and every bump you go over, it jabs you.

Well that's whats happening with a reverse link. every bump you hit, its jabs into your frame, beating up on your link tabs and all of your weld joints.

VS.

When you have a standard 4 link, every time you hit a bump or anything your link is pulled over by your frame, putting no added stress on anything.

Also, your reverse link, when lifting up high, pulls away from your front, thus taking a chance of pulling your driveline out of the tranny/crossmember.

But again, there are 1000's of reverse links on trucks ou there, and as long as they have a quality installation, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Yeah i check for the signs of anything going wrong every week! Already had my subframe and lower control arm mount rip from the frame so i check over everything!

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

• 2 weeks later...

Yea, StreetmetalBen is right, it puts a big strain on the frame rails, but back in 99 that was the "new way" out of Alter Images in Cali, so with much reservation, we did it! We put extra bracing on the frame to help it, but after 5 years of show circuit I wanted to redo the whole thing, but wife and kids came along and I made the hard choice to sell it, but I am glad to see all that hard work is still around 13 years later and actually working, way cool, donellk, keep up the good work! :drink40:

Brian

If it ain't broke, I haven't messed with it yet!

Yea, StreetmetalBen is right, it puts a big strain on the frame rails, but back in 99 that was the "new way" out of Alter Images in Cali, so with much reservation, we did it! We put extra bracing on the frame to help it, but after 5 years of show circuit I wanted to redo the whole thing, but wife and kids came along and I made the hard choice to sell it, but I am glad to see all that hard work is still around 13 years later and actually working, way cool, donellk, keep up the good work! trink40.gif

Brian

Haha, I remember Alter... their yota is still rolling around here. It pops up at differient shows now and then... always with a new owner. Lol

• 3 weeks later...

quick update on this thing

got some parts for the 4x4 front end still collecting =) ipad dash panel put back in but ive been thinking about selling it and doing a double din... not sure yet! Got new seats going in started the custom base today it should be all together tomorrow! Just slowly tugging along!

wilfh0.jpg

2ele9vq.jpg

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Ive been collecting parts for this thing still have the front end waiting to go on im waiting till after my timing is done and new cam is in! Also waiting on my NRG innovation fender washer kit =)! Decided to go with a smaller system a friend of mine had 2 lightly used jl w1s for sale so i jumped on those en i hooked another friend up on a install en snatch his mid bass speakers he had laying around Just need to do the sound damping before I start on the system but ill be building a 4th order band pass with a acrylic window! I got my timing chain kit waiting on metal guides tho the heavy duty kit didnt come with em -_-! Going with a lce mild cam new water pump and gaskets ect ect ect! Got a thrush turbo muffle since mine is dead going to redo the exhaust so the muffler is tucked under the bed and out of the way when i lay it down lol! When i wake up I place to pick up some tubs and have the engine bay tubbed! I also have all new ball joints coming theyll be here the 19th and im waiting on a email back from cando about control arm bushings so i can take my c arms to just powder coated!

Enough talking here goes a few pics

avq7o2.jpg

33ml8n6.jpg

dviznk.jpg

144buk8.jpg

2e1vhhv.jpg

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

• 1 month later...

Been out here grindin... lol! Got some mo ish done to this thing

I grabbed some stinger road kill knocked out the doors and the roof got my second pack yesterday so i can do firewall floor board and rear wall of the cab. Also picked up some blown lvl 3 10s that I plan on reconing and using instead of the jls =)

2uhseb6.jpg

2dludfn.jpg

15hc19w.jpg

5l8ino.jpg

auyqe.jpg

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

• 4 weeks later...

Reverse 4 is on its way out... got the new 4 link last night were going bagged on bars with a standard 4link and relocating the gas tank behind the axle! Also finally going to have shocks lol Cant wait to have the rear done... slowly but surely tho!

2emj6mv.jpg

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

Archived