SK-800.1D/SK-1500.1D Amplifier Information Thread

"god damn boy."

That statement was totally uncalled for; there is no need for name calling. We are all here for the same reason, and that reason is car audio! Plus, I know you wouldn't say any of that to my face now, would you?

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

i wouldnt tell you the proper specs of a sk 1500 to your face? or say "god damn boy"? as in, you really cant read?

yeah, i certainly would tell that to your face because the truth is right there, staring at you. and you refuse to accept it because some website very obviously mistyped it.

and yes, please physically harm me in person so i can sue you for your life.

you arent being so smart with your little threats papa.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

"god damn boy."

That statement was totally uncalled for; there is no need for name calling. We are all here for the same reason, and that reason is car audio! Plus, I know you wouldn't say any of that to my face now, would you?

50 is not low, 15 is. You still made a fool of your self...

Clarion CZ401

Power Acoustik LT-980/2

dbLink 8 gauge kit

DXi 104 4 ohm DVC x2

Sealed Enclosure

"god damn boy."

50 is not low, 15 is. You still made a fool of your self...

I was looking on SSA site at the specs on the SK-1500D, and it says that the frequency is 50-270hz. Are the specs on here are the specs on SSA correct, because I LOVE those low notes!!!!!

I didn't say one time that 50 was low as I can recall. I said, I was looking on SSA site at the specs on the SK-1500D, and it says that the frequency response is 50-270hz. Are the specs on here or are the specs on SSA correct, because I LOVE the LOWS. I didn't one time say that 50 was low.

Getting loud is only half the job;sounding good while doing it is where the glory is.1998 Jeep CherokeeHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P6300BTFront Stage: Kenwood 6.5Rear Stage: kenwood 6.5Tweeters: SoundstreamMids/Highs amp: Hifonics Zeus 600.4Sub Amp: Hifonics BRZ2400Subs: 4 Skar VVX 10s(only running 2 now; still has all of them though)Batteries: Optima Red Top(under the hood)XS Power D1200(in the trunk)0 AWG Power Wire

i wouldnt tell you the proper specs of a sk 1500 to your face? or say "god damn boy"? as in, you really cant read?

yeah, i certainly would tell that to your face because the truth is right there, staring at you. and you refuse to accept it because some website very obviously mistyped it.

and yes, please physically harm me in person so i can sue you for your life.

you arent being so smart with your little threats papa.

You want me to threaten you, but asking would you call me a "boy" in my face is not a threat. This little talk is not worth threatening someone over. I actually find it very amusing that you took this so far. lol....... Asking which spec is wrong is just a question. SSA is a very reputable company, not just some website. It is also one of Skar Audio's authorized dealers. I have made many typos and mistakes; that's why I simply asked to verify the correct spec.

Edited by Papaslim

Papaslim.....

Nice edit on your post... However the specs on the SSA site are WRONG. I have installed this amp in a buddies jeep with a pair of Sundown SA-12s, box tuned to 27hz, and that amp had no problem playing well below the boxes tuning like a champ with authority.

It would be STUPID for any company to make a monoblock amp for subwoofers, and than not have it play over half the frequencies that the sub stage of an audio system to play. I cant believe a person would be so blatant to think that, and continuously argue the specs that are listed on SSA are correct against people that have hands on experience with these amplifiers even after the owner of the company posted them in this thread, where as SSA is just a retailer of the product and many other products and made a typo.

Now if you want to continue your Disbelief of the specs listed in this thread posted by the owner of the company and continuously argue about it, you will be having a short vacation from the forums...

PS: if you would even goto Skars website, and look at this amplifiers specs, you will notice they are the same specs listed in this thread, and show you that SSA has listed the specs wrong and made a typo.

http://www.skaraudio.com/index.php/products/sk-15001d-amplifier.html <<<<<< clicky to be proved wrong again.

Kthx.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Papaslim.....

Nice edit on your post... However the specs on the SSA site are WRONG. I have installed this amp in a buddies jeep with a pair of Sundown SA-12s, box tuned to 27hz, and that amp had no problem playing well below the boxes tuning like a champ with authority.

It would be STUPID for any company to make a monoblock amp for subwoofers, and than not have it play over half the frequencies that the sub stage of an audio system to play. I cant believe a person would be so blatant to think that, and continuously argue the specs that are listed on SSA are correct against people that have hands on experience with these amplifiers even after the owner of the company posted them in this thread, where as SSA is just a retailer of the product and many other products and made a typo.

Now if you want to continue your Disbelief of the specs listed in this thread posted by the owner of the company and continuously argue about it, you will be having a short vacation from the forums...

PS: if you would even goto Skars website, and look at this amplifiers specs, you will notice they are the same specs listed in this thread, and show you that SSA has listed the specs wrong and made a typo.

http://www.skaraudio...-amplifier.html <<<<<< clicky to be proved wrong again.

Kthx.

That's the point that i'm making. It wouldn't make sense to me for an amp to play so high. I never said I believed SSA. Quite frankly I think that its crazy that no one say corrected the mistake(no offense to the I.T. and web designers). Also, I find it funny that someone had to go as far as name calling and such. I mentioned that it was 50hz, because I was 150% positive that it was wrong, and hoping that someone would correct it. Just think if someone didn't know about this forum, googled car audio, found SSA, read the wrong spec, and thought that it wouldn't dig deep. Now I know that you maybe thinking that this is unlikely, but it can very well possibly happen. I am not arguing that Kevin's specs are wrong at all. Especially considering that Skar is known for that gut wrenching deep bass.

for the love. of. god.

calling you "boy" is no where near as bad as it can get on the internet.

this IS NOT the SSA forums/it department, so im pretty sure theres nothing we can do about it unless one of THEIR mods are members here.

being 150% sure that the spec was wrong on the SSA website should not warrant a post in the SK 1500 information thread asking about specs of the amp.

if someone didnt know about this forum, theres a good chance they will be running kicker / jl audio.

not to mention if you google "car audio" you will never find SSA store.

sonicelectronix is about the third link, and most people will stop and shop there rather than continue looking.

the only reason im mad is because you could not read, even though your question was answered before you even asked.

it would have been different if you said "SSA Store says the freq is 50-270, not 15-270"

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

Question about the Skar amps (1500.1D specifically) -

Working Voltage : 8.5V-16V

Will using this amp with 14v batteries charging in the mid 16.x volts range void the warranty ?

***Please no one call me boy***

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db