DC Sound Lab

Dead Unicorn Pics

Yall ask, "why build something that you know could fail?" When a customer calls and wants a custom sub built, you build it. All that Rusty can do is say I can build it, but here are your risks. People are going to do whatever the hell they want, no matter what you tell them. I would never tell a customer that I wont sell them what they want. If I explain what can happen and they still want it, then I would build it for them. Someone said "if you know that it might break, you should send them somewhere else" Who is making a 12" sub with a 4" voice coil that is a standard production sub, that can handle 5k+ with no problem???

A lot of good info from the big dogs.

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire

<p>My Ebay feedback. http://feedback.ebay...tab=AllFeedback

Audioque is, I'm just saying.

I have nothing to add but sympathy that comes with experience from blowing equipment. Even your not so average seen before unicorns. Sub is beast, regardless of fault. And the point was to share the result, not find fault.

And DC fans, calm it down. Someone doesn't like DC and you guys are ready to invade Iraq all over again, lol. Subs fail, it happens. People are going to draw their own conclusions period.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Its a 7500 watt amp on a single 12 getting ground pounded with a cone and surround built for 8 inch spiders not 10 and DC still got hated on for it.

wow . It probly folded the cone. The surround on that sub was not designed for as much travel as those spiders will allow. Its not a production sub it was a custom request to build it. I dont see how this is a negative reflection on the company.

then dont build it, seems pretty easy to me, if it doesnt work then dont sell/build it for someone to destroy/flame your company

Bad or good sub doesnt matter imo, i think i looked at it for 10 seconds max when it was at the shop. This really isnt an issue to bring up with

DC as far as shoddy quality. If anything it should be why build something you know doesnt work? Looking at how much business your company gets, its clearly not because you need the business. Sometimes its worth more to tell a customer that wants something that doesnt work, just that "it wont work". If they still want it have them go elsewhere.

Again, doesnt matter who made the cone its the matter of making the cone and selling it knowing full well that it doesnt work.

and i already know...the tinsels NEVER had issues either.

fc67da5c.jpg

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Its not a matter of the sub "not working" your just not going to be able to put a 7500 watt amplifier on that driver and everything be OK

But you knew that he's gonna run 7500wrms to it. How come you didn't warn him about having this type of issue?

how do you know what they talked about? im pretty sure he told him that sub will be rated at XXX amount of power and anything over is user discretion.

you fuckin DC bashers are all fuckin annoying as hell. you act like no sub has ever failed on that much power...

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Its not a matter of the sub "not working" your just not going to be able to put a 7500 watt amplifier on that driver and everything be OK

But you knew that he's gonna run 7500wrms to it. How come you didn't warn him about having this type of issue?

how do you know what they talked about? im pretty sure he told him that sub will be rated at XXX amount of power and anything over is user discretion.

you fuckin DC bashers are all fuckin annoying as hell. you act like no sub has ever failed on that much power...

:drinks:

no one is bashing DC here. DC does make amazing subs, but some thing just won't work. And that goes for all companies.

Edited by LoudBimmer

Its a 7500 watt amp on a single 12 getting ground pounded with a cone and surround built for 8 inch spiders not 10 and DC still got hated on for it. wow . It probly folded the cone. The surround on that sub was not designed for as much travel as those spiders will allow. Its not a production sub it was a custom request to build it. I dont see how this is a negative reflection on the company.

then dont build it, seems pretty easy to me, if it doesnt work then dont sell/build it for someone to destroy/flame your company

Bad or good sub doesnt matter imo, i think i looked at it for 10 seconds max when it was at the shop. This really isnt an issue to bring up with DC as far as shoddy quality. If anything it should be why build something you know doesnt work? Looking at how much business your company gets, its clearly not because you need the business. Sometimes its worth more to tell a customer that wants something that doesnt work, just that "it wont work". If they still want it have them go elsewhere.

Again, doesnt matter who made the cone its the matter of making the cone and selling it knowing full well that it doesnt work.

and i already know...the tinsels NEVER had issues either.

ok what sub do you know that can handle 7500 watts (underrated as hell at 7500) of daily ground pounding at hz like were in the video? idk if you seen it but if you havent check out his youtube

thats like me taking my XLs putting 9k to them and bashing dc when they rip a surround, fold a cone or throw a dust cap....when people abuse subs they break!

its not that the sub didnt work its that it was over powered to the point of failure...a perfect sub can do that when you throw lowwww notes at it on double rms

on another subject you obviously do not know how business works...when someone wants to pay you to build something custom that sets your company apart from any other company you do it...its called getting paid for R and D....the are few companies in the world that get paid to research...things like this are what makes DC successful and different from other brands that just product what they product and call it fine and dandy.

this is where innovation in the industry comes from...i dont get it....maybe you should think before you talk...

you seriously amuse me. I'm not bashing DC because of this im bashing any company that does it and for the reason i said. R&D isnt something you get paid for its a business expense. Why should someone have to pay for you to figure out if somethign is right or wrong? I'm not saying this is what he did as clearly he's saying thats not what happened. But, for you to come and say thaqt every company should do it is ridiculous.

Damn, James really hates DC. This is not a bashing thread. We tested the sub and it blew. OK.

Rusty, i'm gonna send you a PM real quick, and check the email I sent you.

I dont hate this company at all, I at one time owned every woofer they made with no issues whatsoever. I just personally dont agree with "selling a customer whatever they want". Ask Ray, or Ryan...my co-workers , i struggle with just selling whatever they want everyday I just rather not be a part of something i KNOW will fail.

On another note , for the 10ish seconds i seen the woofer the motor is cool.

Edited by Forum Asshole