DC Sound Lab

Dead Unicorn Pics

So if you don't throw enough power at it, it fails thermally because it's not moving enough to cool the coil down. If you throw too much power at it, the suspension fails. So what is the correct way of running it?? Should it be deemed a burp only sub??

Random vids of the Avalanche My link

Team Bass-Hz

So if you don't throw enough power at it, it fails thermally because it's not moving enough to cool the coil down. If you throw too much power at it, the suspension fails. So what is the correct way of running it?? Should it be deemed a burp only sub??

this isnt rocket science. try giving it its RMS rated power. just a suggestion.

but honestly, i dont know where you get your info from but never in my life have i seen or heard (except on a forum ofcourse) a sub failign thermally from under powering.

this is classic.

but honestly, i dont know where you get your info from but never in my life have i seen or heard (except on a forum ofcourse) a sub failign thermally from under powering.

this is classic.

Quit trying to act like you are better than everyone, you're not.

The reason it could fail thermally from underpowering is because it will not have enough movement for the cooling to take place.

And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle ;)

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth..

B5 Passat Build Log

postedimagel.png

I heard rusty offers an upgraded cone assy for it.

The coil and spiders can take whatever you want.

I think the cone to surround attachment shoul be stronger.

The cotton weave over the surround is really neat too.

I dont know all the geometery specs, but looks like maybe the back of the cone could touch the spider spacer. Maybe.

I have the cone at my house, ill look at it again.

Is a fuggin beast either way, id love to had more time to play with it.

Fun to see the envolpe pushed so far.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Tahts what i was getting at ray. What could be improved to make it better.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

this is classic.

Quit trying to act like you are better than everyone, you're not.

The reason it could fail thermally from underpowering is because it will not have enough movement for the cooling to take place.

you just said same thing the other guy said. why? i read it just fine the first time around. you are talking about a myth, a made up concept of thermal damage while under powering.

PS. I am better than everyone, clearly.