My CC-1 and DD-1 Review

So many skeptics out there, people who have never touched either device yet slot it as a gimmick, for noobs only, or simply not acurrate.......so to see reviews like this by someone with your experience and also an admitted skeptic might open up some more eyes.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

It would be nice if these were available at autorama. Any chance?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

They are a great pair of tools to have imo. they save a lot of time, and replace more costly tools that you would need to buy.

I love my pair!!!

Even for those that claim the can do it all by ear, or use their oscopes, neither of those methods show distortion, and well if you can hear that 1% thd that amplifiers are rated at than you should be in the worlds record book or something!

The dd-1 alone seems to be faster than setting a gain by ear, plus you know your radios max volume.

1 BIG thing Ive noticed already using the DD-1 for the past few months is that no 2 headunits are the same. Especailly when your buying that budget stuff. Theres been a couple jvc and alpine models now that have had different max undistorted max volumes, Im sure there will be more to come too yet.

Oh and I loled at the part of you checking back and forth at your scope billy :D

NIce write up bill!!!! me and you are gonna have a talk about you being skeptical of your boy, but other then that we all good :D :D thanks!!!!

HAHAHAHA.

yeah i'm hard headed some times and need to see shit for myself.

And the RCA gang box was a 3 beer and fat cigar night ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

NIce write up bill!!!! me and you are gonna have a talk about you being skeptical of your boy, but other then that we all good :D :D thanks!!!!

HAHAHAHA.

yeah i'm hard headed some times and need to see shit for myself.

And the RCA gang box was a 3 beer and fat cigar night ;)

What something else fat to smoke :peepwall:

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I was a skeptic as well being a die-hard o-scope guy since I got into the hobby, and I'm convinced as well. I've used my DD-1 more in the week I've had it than I used my scope in the last year. What used to take a nice chunk of time is now done in 30 seconds. Can't beat it for the money!

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

I guess the skeptical part comes from seeing how much ANY good scope costs is and how easy and affordable the DD-1 and CC-1 are. I have invested a ton of money in my scope, and it has been hands down the best tool I have purchased to do what I do. But now I have a tool that is way cheaper and easier to use just makes it a no brainner.

I think ANYONE who is in the hobby like we are should have the tools necessary to do the job right.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

For many years, I used to demonstrate how to use an o-scope in my trainings, and I traveled with a lab grade scope. Even guys that had been installing for 20 years were intimidated so most said, "Yeah that's what we should do, but . . . " If ONLY we had tools like these in those days. Even some of the trainers I worked with were like . . . dude - it took me all morning to get the knobs and dials just so, DON'T MESS WITH IT - the training is in 5 minutes. This just goes to show you that you need a profound understanding of these type of tools to maximize them. Unless you're a propeller head like me, it's like magic to get a waveform to appear on a lab grade scope. The handheld scopes like those from TPI and Fluke are far superior for USE and portability as they auto range time and scale. They are not however superior as measurement devices. The DD-1 bests either because it's BETTER at the intended job.

Now I got news for you, even a lab grade scope is simply is unable to do with the DD-1 & CC-1 can do as a pair. For example, when you use the DD-1 & CC-1 together to set up multiple amplifiers, you achieve something not possible otherwise. Not only are the amplifiers gain matched to the tee, you are also able to eliminate phase shift caused by the individual settings of each of the amplifiers' crossover controls. Imagine 12 amplifiers, all slightly out of absolute phase with one another. Now imagine those same 12 amplifiers absolutely IN phase with one another. Which do you think will be louder?

The DD-1 and CC-1 are in my opinion the two most significant tools to be introduced to the auto sound industry in the last 20 years. Buy them. Less time trying to figure out how to use the tool = more time to smoke cigars and drink Pacificos . . . now, that's a WIN WIN.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

I'm all about more drinking and cigars over working anyday :D

Very nice write up. Skeptic to believer in under 10 mins. A new world record lol. Oh and dont't tell Gary but his truck scares me lol.

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>