I'm no mechanic, but I'm really mechanical inclined. Replaced the water pump from a 1995 Jetta. I spent more time on it than I should have. Removing the hoses from the inlets was such a pain. After I replaced it, it's leaking somewhere. I have yet to determine where....augh!!

And to make things even better, just discovered a few weeks prior that my s10 is also leaking coolant. And it's fuckin cold here. We're supposed to get a cold snap all week.

Dryer quit working too......can anything else go wrong?!

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason this year I'm getting ice dams that i didn't notice getting the last 2 years. The main problem area is also so high that I can't reach it with a roof rake unless I'm on a ladder, and the dam is causing a water leak into the garage. Guess it's time to look into heat cable.

11 minutes ago, Lbox88 said:

For some reason this year I'm getting ice dams that i didn't notice getting the last 2 years. The main problem area is also so high that I can't reach it with a roof rake unless I'm on a ladder, and the dam is causing a water leak into the garage. Guess it's time to look into heat cable.

Get an energy audit done, ice dams are caused by too much hot air leaking in to your attic and poor insulation, an energy audit will help you find the problem area and they will give you ideas on how to solve it.

Heat wire is basically just like taking pain pills for a fucked up back, it mask's the problem without fixing the underlying issue.

The energy audit could also help you find other problem areas as well that could help you save lots of money on your energy bills if you resolve them.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

This is ridiculous.. my iphone felt down so many times from like 10 ft or more and today I felt from 2 feet and screen broke wtf

IMG_1326.JPG

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

On 1/3/2017 at 8:45 AM, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Get an energy audit done, ice dams are caused by too much hot air leaking in to your attic and poor insulation, an energy audit will help you find the problem area and they will give you ideas on how to solve it.

Heat wire is basically just like taking pain pills for a fucked up back, it mask's the problem without fixing the underlying issue.

The energy audit could also help you find other problem areas as well that could help you save lots of money on your energy bills if you resolve them.

Looked into that a bit and made some calls around, guys want $300-500 just to do the analysis. Going to try to rent a Flir i7 from HD this weekend and do my own analysis with the bathroom vents on to find the cold spots first. Worst case scenario I'm only out $75 plus anything spent on more insulation and will have to rake it til I can have someone come out to professionally repair it if my repairs don't do it.

Used to love the cold weather but ever since having my ankle and parts of my foot reconstructed F the cold weather makes my foot ache like hell and even on the pain med regimen I am on it does little more than dull the pain so sleeping has become quite the chore. I average 2-3 hrs uninterrupted now if I am lucky :/

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Archived