3 hours ago, srp365 said:

Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want, but common core is the first step in the new generation of indoctrination.

The easiest way to close the achievement gap is to bring the top kids down. The kids at the bottom cost too much to bring up. Like no child left behind which was implemented with no funding.... my wife is a teacher, don't get me started.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Common Core is the dumbest shit ever. If it is the norm when ever in the future I have children, they will be home schooled 

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

please explain to me what common core is, or send me a link to a definition and example.  

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

They are trying to teach the kids to be creative in problem solving and to use critical thinking. Which sounds really good. Unfortunately the way it is implemented, they expect the kids to figure out how to do math without being told how to do it. I tried to help my kid one time. We looked in the text book and there were no samples to learn from. The book is completely useless. Math is a subject that you can't guess at and if you don't know the rules you can't invent your own. Usually there is one way to do it correctly because that is the way to get the right answer every time. Instead the book is worthless like a Chilton manual. "Step one remove engine and disassemble" or "installation is the opposite of removal" lol  

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

I didn't order enough oil for the z06 so I have to wait a week for 2 more quarts.  I'm used to the jugs being 5 quarts but amsoil's jugs are 4 quarts

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

1 hour ago, corey0928 said:

http://www.corestandards.org/Math/

The theory behind it (I think) is to try and use real examples instead of memorizing stuff. Haven't read about it in a long time. Going to teach my kid the normal way when it's time

Then the kid will be completely confused when school is telling them to do it the common core way, that's what's happening with my daughter.

And my kid is excellent at math, she's only 6 and she taught herself how to multiply all on her own with some traditional math workbooks I got for her.

She's stumped with this garbage though and so am I and shade tree is exactly right, they just give problems with no examples or instructions on how to solve said problems so you're basically just supposed to magically know how it's done.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

17 minutes ago, im45pl said:

I know everyone whinges about the weather, but 90deg at 6a.m is a bloody joke

so you guys use Fahrenheit or did you convert it for us americans? lol

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived