Caliber needs a timing chain, at 85,000 miles, fucking dodge piece of garbage.

I have had to make more repairs to this piece of shit than any other car ive ever owned, and this one has the lowest mileage out of any car ive ever bought, biggest piece of garbage ever.

My advice to anyone who is thinking about buying one of these things is don't, you will regret it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Caliber needs a timing chain, at 85,000 miles, fucking dodge piece of garbage.

I have had to make more repairs to this piece of shit than any other car ive ever owned, and this one has the lowest mileage out of any car ive ever bought, biggest piece of garbage ever.

My advice to anyone who is thinking about buying one of these things is don't, you will regret it.

Buy Ford , U should know better working on cars yourself. My favorite 2 car brands to work on are any GM or Dodge . I like steak.  Toyota frames are keeping me feed lately. 4 Runners are next for frame recall , great cars Toyota they last as long as the frame can hold them.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

4 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Buy Ford , U should know better working on cars yourself. My favorite 2 car brands to work on are any GM or Dodge . I like steak.  Toyota frames are keeping me feed lately. 4 Runners are next for frame recall , great cars Toyota they last as long as the frame can hold them.

I'm a glutton for punishment, lol

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Focus RS is pretty fun to drive or the ST. My rule for my wife was u can have any car u want as long as it’s a Ford, Toyota, Hyundai or Kia. Over the years these models all have issues but not like the other lines out there. Just my 2cents from on the job still think the Dodge Challenger is a badass looking car.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Just now, Ron36 said:

Focus RS is pretty fun to drive

I'm sure it is, but the day i pay $45k for a focus is the day I lost my fucking mind, lol.

A new car isnt in the cards for me right now and if it was id be getting a truck.

I have a back up car so the caliber is just gonna sit around broken and collect dust for now, wish I could say this was the first time.

I’ve been doing a lot of chains on Malibu’s and Traverse lately, The shoes are made in like India never used to see this shit before it’s crazy , when u had a chain it used to last the life of the vehicle.

3 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

I’ve been doing a lot of chains on Malibu’s and Traverse lately, The shoes are made in like India never used to see this shit before it’s crazy , when u had a chain it used to last the life of the vehicle.

Alot of ecotechs get chain rattle for sure.

Seems to happen mostly on ones that dont get oil changes like they should be.

The silverado I sold my buddy that has over 500k on it now still has the stock chain and tensioners in it.

That fucking little 4.3 wont die.

If I have to do the chain at 85k it might as well be a god damn timing belt, at least then the failure would be expected.

They build ahit to fail on purpose these days, they wanna sell new cars, not build cars that run forever.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:00 PM, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Alot of ecotechs get chain rattle for sure.

Seems to happen mostly on ones that dont get oil changes like they should be.

The silverado I sold my buddy that has over 500k on it now still has the stock chain and tensioners in it.

That fucking little 4.3 wont die.

If I have to do the chain at 85k it might as well be a god damn timing belt, at least then the failure would be expected.

They build ahit to fail on purpose these days, they wanna sell new cars, not build cars that run forever.

well yeah, that's why they also put shit in a motor that (under intake manifold) called a knock sensor.  so you have to pull the top of the motor just to replace a part that fails way before the part that the sensor is to detect.  

and they also like to make on the caliber i know had one.  In order to replace the condenser, you have to pull the front bumper off.  as for the starter mine went out while driving down the road.  and it caused the car to die.  had to have it towed to a dealer (Woodville, TX.) and they wanted 300 for the new starter and 300 to install it.   I went to autozone bought one for under 150 and took it to the dealership and told them to install this one.  they told me that all that they would warranty was the labor for 3 months.  

newer dodge cars suck ass.  love my kia soul.  first one saved my life, 2nd one is nicer.  but I do miss that 6 speed manual from my 1st kia soul.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Really, lions, golden tate for a Fucking third round pick, come on, this has got to be a joke.

Is it April fools day?

Archived