speaking of that, what happen to that grandma smoking pot thread, was it in general or some shit? wished it would have just been moved to 18+ i was enjoying it.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go 15000 on Mobile1 and a Bosch filter, about once a year. I lose one quart per oil change.

I'll pay $7.50 every year for an extra quart.

heck yeah mobil1 is great. Im using amsoil right now the signature series. i go 25,000 with that oil and the filter to go with it. Tested the oil. Was still good. I swear by mobil1 and amsoil. ONLY SYNTHETICS

NOT a good idea

160K doing Amsoil 10K oil changes

240K miles standard oil every 3-5K

And I've seen the exact opposite, too.

There are so many factors besides oil make and change intervals you neglected to mention that have as much or more effect to those motors...

What filter was used every time?

Did the owner put in any stupid additives like lucas oil or seafoam?

Is that the way the motor was serviced from day one?

Where do they live? is it dusty?

Did they ever forget to put their oil cap back on one day?

How was each motor driven?

Not to mention they're not even the same parts of the same motor. You can't tell me that the seals on motor A are the exact same as motor B. A cracked seal can suck in dirt if the crankcase has a good vacuum in it.

Most of these you'll never get the answer to. As soon as I started running Mobil1, I had a ticking lifter stop, my oil consumption dropped, and I have a lot more money in my pocket.

Ive put face in MANY engines and I have yet to see something come out good from extended oil changes.

You couldn't possibly understand what every engine you've "put your face in" has gone through. Unless you've driven every mile on those engines. I'm not saying you're entirely wrong, I'm saying you haven't given me any evidence to back up what you're saying other than "trust me, I've done this a lot"

What I'm getting at is that there's much more than the change interval that affects the breakdown of the oil. The way I see it, if you have an oil that is more resistant to breakdown and a filter with a high enough dirt capacity, there's no reason you can't increase the change interval. Changed my oil 4 times in the last 55k and so far my engine runs as smooth as it did 100k ago.

I'm looking forward to getting my oil analyzed on my next change, though. Mobile1 looks cleaner to me after 15k than when I used to change regular Valvoline at 5k.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

speaking of that, what happen to that grandma smoking pot thread, was it in general or some shit? wished it would have just been moved to 18+ i was enjoying it.

It's currently under staff review

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

What does the additives do to it? (Lucas or Seafoam as suggested)???

The sea foam helps break down carbon deposits which most likely means some of that junk will end up in your oil so it needs to be changed.

I use a semi synthetic high milage oil and I change it every 3k.

I've used full synthetic in some of my vehicles as well and still every 3k for an oil change. I worked in a oil change shop when I was 18 and my brother has ran one for over 10 years I'll tell you this much I've seen first hand on many occasions what long oil change intervals can do including nasty sludge oil, I've seem people come in I'd pull the drain plug and nothing but a trickle would run out, engine knocks in cars that are less than a year old and many other things. I will never go more than 3k on a oil change even if the cars service manual says I can go 10k or the oil claims you can do 15k or more. I don't buy it and I've been around motors and worked on them long enough to see through the bullshit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

All the bullshit surrounding Ferguson. Apparently there is now a threat against whites and their families... It's going to be a bloody and busy day for the coroners filling all the extra body bags is all I will say... if they actually start shit I see lots of people getting shot/killed over some dumb ass reason smh

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

All the bullshit surrounding Ferguson. Apparently there is now a threat against whites and their families... It's going to be a bloody and busy day for the coroners filling all the extra body bags is all I will say... if they actually start shit I see lots of people getting shot/killed over some dumb ass reason smh

Seems like the Media is basically trying to make it a race war.

There was a person who claimed to be a Ferguson police officer on a police message board telling people they need to arm themselves because the governor and police chief have basically told them if something go's down they just have to stand there and watch. Basically he said if you get attacked they won't be able to help you, if your business or home is getting destroyed they won't be able to help you. All I know is if I lived there the day they say the grand jury has reached a decision I'd being going on a extended vacation till it calms down. I think no matter which way they come back it's going to get ugly down there.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Yes it is. Word on the streets is that the FBI is waiting with a small tactical force to hit that city if it breaks loose

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum

Archived