Regarding comments about new retards who just joined the forum and are acting like super retards:

Steve made a video about system of the month.

Every time he makes a video, there is a surge of new members. Tons of people watch his videos.

People see stuff better than what they have that they might possibly be able to get for free, so they join and make a build log.

The anger and e-thugging comes out when it gets pointed out that they don't know jack shit about audio yet and know that they are not going to win. They realize that their build does not compare usually to even 25% of what members have on here.

Don't troll them or give them too hard of a time, since everyone has to start somewhere. We've all been there. The more shit you give them and trash what they have, the more pissed off they get. Eventually a lot of these new members could leave, weakening the forum and sport slightly. It's bad for the sport and gives this wonderful place a bad reputation.

Just keep this in mind next time you open a new members build and as you try to answer their questions. There's no reason to hate on someone who's trying to learn.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cutting straight with a skil saw is easy. All you need is a straight piece of wood as a guide and you can make that by cutting off one end of the MDF. Screw or clamp it down in place and then run the saw against it for the length of the cut. Easy-peasy. YOU can do it!

Doesn't help much when the bottom of the blade "wanders". I've had that problem on another project I helped with (straight on the side with the lines drawn, but the cut was all wavy on the backside). Then again, we were cutting window holes into some old doors. Stuck the new window frames in and the backside was either too tight or too loose.

That means either you are binding the blade by constantly over-correcting your cut, or you kept tipping the saw crooked so the blade was not at 90% to the surface to the wood. I was a carpenter for 12 years and have extensive wood fabrication experience building fine interior wood finishes in multiple-million dollar homes. The saw does only what you tell it to do. Other than using junk tools or bad blades, 100% of a bad cut is due to operator error. Trust me, I can cut a better line with a jig saw than most can with a table saw. And a skill saw is so easy to cut a straight line with if you have enough experience, it isn't even funny. And I was someone just like you 20 years ago, couldn't cut a straight line to save my life. Like anything else, practice, practice, practice.

As a carpenter myself I would like to add with a jigsaw let the saw do the work don't push the blade slow and steady wins the race

Trust No One

I myself just had a lot of facepalm...

I don't mind the guy not knowing much, hell, when I started Car Audio, I didn't know shit, and I'm still learning, but the way he acts is seriously not needed here, and now he posts a build log with stupid photoshopping on his car. People like that piss me off for real.

x2. Idk much about car audio, hence why when I make posts on people's questions or threads, I usually am like "correct me if I'm wrong" and I state whatever I say. Hell, for longest time, I thought 2 alts were impossible. You couldn't do it. No way. But since I've been on here... not only are 2 possible, but more are also possible. And if I'm wrong, someone says so... I usually chime in with something like "shit, thanks for correctin me. didn't know and now I do". <--- how all should be. Don't challenge people when you don't know lol.

x2. and all jokes aside, i honestly don't know how people can come here and act differently. when you come to a forum, having a puffed up chest does nothing if you came to learn and explore car audio. it's like going to the pits at an F1 race and saying that they don't know how to build cars when you don't even know what it takes to build one. a little bantering here and there for a good laugh is all fun and games, but i think it comes down to, do unto others as you would have do unto you..

for me, if im confident about the advise im giving then im totally open to someone showing me different and why.

if im not confident then, here's my opinion. don't know if i'd trust it much. maybe someone with more experience can back me up or tell me that's totally wrong. and why (sorry i like learning)

and not trying to hurt any feelings if i did, just having a good chuckle with no hard feelings :)

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

• 2 weeks later...

3976956_700b.jpg

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

This ridiculous looking donked out Caprice that hasn't moved in about 3+ months. Looks like the guy bought it (still has the dealer temp tags on it), got a parking permit sticker, then just left the car there (all the "rubber bands" are flat and cracked now). I haven't seen anybody come out to work on it or anything since it appeared.

I'm sick of looking at it, plus it's taking up a parking space that somebody else could use.

Also, those idiots that can't park between the lines.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

Dumbass is convincing peal and shit is good, shake my head. I'd rather have no deadener than put that shit into my car.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived