Boss hired a new guy for the lab/tech as an assistant so I can get shit done. Guy has a BS in IT, can't get basic concepts like toning Ethernet jacks, plugging in a voip phone (he was looking for a telephone jack) and otherwise it's just like babysitting and taking up as much time or more than if I just did all the work myself.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New guy strikes again.

He knocked a user off the network as he's toning unused Ethernet drops. He had to ask for help to figure out which line he pulled off the switch. I'm gonna have to come in on Saturday just to redo all this, because he sure as hell isn't following instruction. Gave him a floorplan and asked him to map out the jacks and number them, any naming convention he could come up with is fine, but still couldn't figure it out. SMH

2007 Pacifica

oh my day can top that.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Nah. I've got enough idiots to work with.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

"Common Sense" is a fallacy. It sums up to the lowest common denominator of civilized intelligence.

It's just another way to express that you (having common sense) is smarter than someone else (who you say doesn't have common sense).

For instance, I have a fairly anal way of handling dirty dishes... I wash them off with a sponge in the disposal side of the sink and leave it in the other side, after dinner. No one else in the house goes through that much trouble, even my daughter who has dishes as her main chore, and has to clean them off later and load the dishwasher. I could say they lack common sense, but just because you thought one aspect of your life through doesn't mean that everyone else has. I find that so often people chalk up some mistake they saw someone do to "common sense" but it's just a way of being a dick and expressing how you think you're smarter.

On the other side, If you have a fucking degree in IT, you should be able to hang. Just saying.

2007 Pacifica

Archived