• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, deathcards said:

how disappointing best buy has become in my town

Uhhhhh.. hate to break it to you.

It's always been that way.

There have been very few times when it may be nice to go in and see something on display to try it out, but going back and ordering it online was nearly always the better deal.. 

4 hours ago, boomintahoe said:

Did you get carded there for buying a movie there like I did last week?

Do people still buy movies? Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

People who always brag about their abilities, or what they have and they either cant back up what they say or what they have is shat. for example. kids at my highschool who say theyre master installers and say they're louder than me when they have 2 w0s in a prefab box on an off brand 1000 watt MAX amp ran with 4 gauge CCA...

Stage 3 2008 Mazdaspeed 3

MIDS/HIGHS                                                                               BASS

8 Unlawful Sounds Mark VIIIs                                                  2 15s (in talks with a few companies) 

8 Unlawful Sounds Super Tweeters                                       Soundigital EVO 5000

Amps: Something Brazilian

I'm about to break my foot off in HP's ass

Long story short... My printer is running out of color ink despite me not printing many pages. And when it runs out, it's a hard cutoff. No fade out. Based on a before/after weighing of a good/spent cartridge, the printer's only using about 1.5ml of ink before the cartridge is quits. Well below the spec. And it prints perfect up until it stops.

Really weird, especially since I don't print many color pages.

Well my yellow and blue cartridges are out. Won't let me print with them despite having made a color copy of my driver's license just y-day and it had no streaking or fade issues that would indicate the cartridge is truly empty. I noticed my black text had a bit of an off color. So I look at it with a microscope and what do I see? Fucking magenta dots on there. This thing is printing black with color cartridges then calling the things empty.

I can't reset or refill the cartridges manually because they have a counter in there that disables them. Can't do anything with the chip on account of a 128 bit security key.

So yeah.... Now I'm in the market for a printer/scanner that isn't fucking stupid. If you know anything, let me know. Trying to stay below $100. I took a peek at the tank printers but they start at $220

21101003_10203494762807900_1946345987_n.png?oh=8986fbd2737393c75deaba05aa45be1d&oe=59A19711

When i was in school and was printing a ton, i did some napkin calculus and decided that it was cheaper to buy a new printer for $30 at Wal-Mart and then just replace the whole thing when it ran dry. With the cavet that this is totally shitty for the environment and completely wasteful. Ink refills are the income generator for manufacturers. They want to lock you in to a printing system and rape your wallet with toner costs down the road. 

Unless you need a really high DPI or fancy features, there isn't a justification in my mind to buy refills. The crap Canon printer I got for $30 was a print/copy/scan combo unit with wireless printing capability, good enough for the girls i go out with.

On 8/24/2017 at 5:04 AM, s5300 said:

Uhhhhh.. hate to break it to you.

It's always been that way.

There have been very few times when it may be nice to go in and see something on display to try it out, but going back and ordering it online was nearly always the better deal.. 

Uhhh...no, hate to tell ya but  it hasn't. I've bought movies before in the past at this particular location and it's a mile from my house and not a once have I got carded. It had to have been a recent thing.

Thanks society....for ruining it for other people.

I can understand if I were to buy alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco, etc....but a movie? GMAFB.

Archived