• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The American measuring system

Who decided that a pound would be split in to 1/16ths ? Why does a gallon have 128 ounces? 12 inches in a foot and 3 feet in a yard... Really? 5280 feet in a mile? Water boils at 212 but freezes at 32 degrees. Who comes up with this stuff? Drill bit sizes... 11/64ths, etc. Just dumb. 2000lbs in a ton?

And then we have our weird hybrid system. Medicine is measured in grams and ml, most bolts on cars are in mm, pencil lead is measured in mm, dive watches are in meters, camera lenses and film are in mm, car tires are in mm, in, and have an aspect ratio.

Then there's our clock. Am/pm? Why?? There are 24 hours in a day, why the need to complicate things and chop it in half?

Too complicated.. lol

And people who name their kids cute baby names. "Hope," for example. Yeah that's fun until she grows up. Imaging being in your 30s trying to have anyone take you seriously when you say your name is Hope. Or being in school with that name.

And people who name their kids cute baby names. "Hope," for example. Yeah that's fun until she grows up. Imaging being in your 30s trying to have anyone take you seriously when you say your name is Hope. Or being in school with that name.

Le-a

/discussion

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

The American measuring system

Who decided that a pound would be split in to 1/16ths ? Why does a gallon have 128 ounces? 12 inches in a foot and 3 feet in a yard... Really? 5280 feet in a mile? Water boils at 212 but freezes at 32 degrees. Who comes up with this stuff? Drill bit sizes... 11/64ths, etc. Just dumb. 2000lbs in a ton?

And then we have our weird hybrid system. Medicine is measured in grams and ml, most bolts on cars are in mm, pencil lead is measured in mm, dive watches are in meters, camera lenses and film are in mm, car tires are in mm, in, and have an aspect ratio.

Then there's our clock. Am/pm? Why?? There are 24 hours in a day, why the need to complicate things and chop it in half?

Too complicated.. lol

funny-US-vs-world-metric-system-date.jpg

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Also murphys law.

Got home from college yesterday all ready to finish off gta.

Xbox throws e74 code.

Tore it open, cleaned the heatsinks and put new thermal paste on.

Still dead. I just want to finish that game...

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Not knowing as much as I would like to about car audio

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

wyotech calling me 3 times a day 7 days a week quit fucking calling if i told you i had a career, and go back to school and learn what a fucking career is it sure isn't temporary

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived