• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go 15000 on Mobile1 and a Bosch filter, about once a year. I lose one quart per oil change.

I'll pay $7.50 every year for an extra quart.

heck yeah mobil1 is great. Im using amsoil right now the signature series. i go 25,000 with that oil and the filter to go with it. Tested the oil. Was still good. I swear by mobil1 and amsoil. ONLY SYNTHETICS

NOT a good idea

160K doing Amsoil 10K oil changes

397610_245094252225984_453978215_n.jpg?o

404522_245095618892514_1073528259_n.jpg?

240K miles standard oil every 3-5K

407526_245493515519391_1580867028_n.jpg?

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

I do about 5K with my car, but I drive so much for work that that equals out to about 1-1.5 months.

I'm trying to figure out where the fuck my coolant is going though. They supposedly filled it when they did my oil change, only for it to be empty 3 days later. I bought 2 jugs and the second one is almost empty.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

I go 15000 on Mobile1 and a Bosch filter, about once a year. I lose one quart per oil change.

heck yeah mobil1 is great. Im using amsoil right now the signature series. i go 25,000 with that oil and the filter to go with it. Tested the oil. Was still good. I swear by mobil1 and amsoil. ONLY SYNTHETICS

NOT a good idea

And I've seen the exact opposite, too.

There are so many factors besides oil make and change intervals you neglected to mention that have as much or more effect to those motors...

What filter was used every time?

Did the owner put in any stupid additives like lucas oil or seafoam?

Is that the way the motor was serviced from day one?

Where do they live? is it dusty?

Did they ever forget to put their oil cap back on one day?

How was each motor driven?

Not to mention they're not even the same parts of the same motor. You can't tell me that the seals on motor A are the exact same as motor B. A cracked seal can suck in dirt if the crankcase has a good vacuum in it.

Most of these you'll never get the answer to. As soon as I started running Mobil1, I had a ticking lifter stop, my oil consumption dropped, and I have a lot more money in my pocket.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

I do about 5K with my car, but I drive so much for work that that equals out to about 1-1.5 months.

I'm trying to figure out where the fuck my coolant is going though. They supposedly filled it when they did my oil change, only for it to be empty 3 days later. I bought 2 jugs and the second one is almost empty.

What vehicle?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

What vehicle?

02 Rendezvous.

I swore I saw a coolant puddle under it months ago when I stopped at a gas station, but that could have already been there when I pulled up.

No way in hell do I have the money to fix it if it's an intake manifold gasket leak, let alone a head gasket

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

NOT a good idea

And I've seen the exact opposite, too.

There are so many factors besides oil make and change intervals you neglected to mention that have as much or more effect to those motors...

What filter was used every time?

Did the owner put in any stupid additives like lucas oil or seafoam?

Is that the way the motor was serviced from day one?

Where do they live? is it dusty?

Did they ever forget to put their oil cap back on one day?

How was each motor driven?

Not to mention they're not even the same parts of the same motor. You can't tell me that the seals on motor A are the exact same as motor B. A cracked seal can suck in dirt if the crankcase has a good vacuum in it.

Most of these you'll never get the answer to. As soon as I started running Mobil1, I had a ticking lifter stop, my oil consumption dropped, and I have a lot more money in my pocket.

Ive put face in MANY engines and I have yet to see something come out good from extended oil changes.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

What vehicle?

02 Rendezvous.

I swore I saw a coolant puddle under it months ago when I stopped at a gas station, but that could have already been there when I pulled up.

No way in hell do I have the money to fix it if it's an intake manifold gasket leak, let alone a head gasket

Those are notorious for a lower intake manifold and head gasket leaks neither one is hard to do just time consuming well that's assuming you have tools. Do you have the money to rent a pressure tester from autozone?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived