I understand that. Doesn't give him the right to put my wife down.

Like the other guy said, take it easy. I do not know the dynamics of their relationship, but since I am an ER Nurse......I see this all the time.

There is always some relative at the bedside saying "Oh, he/she knows so and so is here, and he/she hasn't shown up yet. What nerve". Looks like

he is being "that guy". It's the way he is venting his frustration of "not being in control of the situation he is in". See that all the time as well.

Your dad is not disrespecting your wife. Trust me, the hospital will make allowances if you work late. I did it all the time when I worked the medical

floor, I sometimes would butt heads with security about coming up after 9pm,11pm, midnight,etc when visiting hours are over at 8:30.

If it's ok, with the patient, it's ok with me. Your dad is older than you, he knows the ins and outs of things. He knows what I know.......Now you know.

Pass it on to your wife.

Showing up MIGHT mean the world to your mother.

Any animosity there maybe between anyone (again I do not know the dynamics of the parties involved) may be alleviated by showing up.

Remember it's the gestures that we least do, some measure us by. It's stupid, but that's like the way it is.

I hope you mother makes a quick recovery!

Peace,

-Frank

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get my cash right for a SQ3500 for 599, and it's damm out of stock! FML

Prob no low deal now Fuck.

thats what usually happens. they give a huge discount to stuff they have 2 in stock. the crescendo bc3500 was for $620 on friday

As an ER Nurse, I make it a point to leave patients shoes/sneakers on because I DO NOT want to smell stank ass feet.

AND I WILL TELL YOU THAT. "If you suffer from stinky feet, dude leave them on! I have a "No Unnecessary Odors Policy".

Male patients are the worst offenders. Most patients laugh, most wives are offended I actually said that. lol. Whatever!

Seriously people, feet stink. TAKE CARE OF THEM. lol.

Change your sneakers and socks every 3-4 months. Say good bye to your old sneaks........they may be your fav's......

BUT THE BACTERIA THAT RESIDES IN THEM ARE MAKING YOUR FEET STINK!

I find it hard to hear the complaint and ask questions/answer questions when I all can smell is:

*rotting flesh (but all skin in intact)

*rotting ONIONS

*Extreme athlete's Foot

*smell of s**t (yeah, it's potent)

Word to the wise, if you take off your sneaks and your nurse is hooking you up with blankets and "tucking you in by tucking the blankets under your

feet...........you know why he/she is doing that.

Ok, funny rant over.

-Frank

As an ER Nurse,

-Frank

Me and a few others on here bring you those stinky patients thank you very much lol nothing like picking up the stinky inner city ETOH bums ....

I'm sure you can understand this as well but I get really irritated at family reunions in the ER... I get the patient is sick and it's nice to have support but do 10 family members really need to be there clogging up the ER being in everyone's way? they really can't wait until the patient gets admitted to come visit? I'm glad I get to leave after I'm done transferring care of the patient because i don't think I could handle all the BS that goes on

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Archived