• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently the problems with my car were head gasket related. Now I have misfires (P0302) and white smoke out of the exhaust, plus with the whole coolant spraying out of the overflow tank (exhaust gasses getting into the cooling system). No coolant in the oil though.

Multiple mechanics have confirmed, just based on what I told them and none advise to fix it due to the car being at around 200K miles (estimated since odo doesn't work), plus it has numerous other problems. Since the other issues have been going on for so long, there's probably other things wrong with the engine as well.

Now time to hunt for another car. I have leads on a couple of them, but I need a bit more money and a bit more info on the cars. I'm waiting on more details for one of them, since it's a friend of a co-worker that's selling it, but my coworker wasn't sure on the year and model. We've both been pretty busy at work, so I haven't had the chance to ask. I also have a few other people keeping an eye out for any leads

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

So apparently the problems with my car were head gasket related. Now I have misfires (P0302) and white smoke out of the exhaust, plus with the whole coolant spraying out of the overflow tank (exhaust gasses getting into the cooling system). No coolant in the oil though.

Multiple mechanics have confirmed, just based on what I told them and none advise to fix it due to the car being at around 200K miles (estimated since odo doesn't work), plus it has numerous other problems. Since the other issues have been going on for so long, there's probably other things wrong with the engine as well.

Now time to hunt for another car. I have leads on a couple of them, but I need a bit more money and a bit more info on the cars. I'm waiting on more details for one of them, since it's a friend of a co-worker that's selling it, but my coworker wasn't sure on the year and model. We've both been pretty busy at work, so I haven't had the chance to ask. I also have a few other people keeping an eye out for any leads

Sucks man, but what vehicle? Nobody has a used engine for it? Unless you got it super cheap as a known-issue vehicle it may be worth exploring rather than giving it away because it's broken.

Static drops are my bag.

'02 rendezvous. Paid $3500 for it 2 years ago from a relative (only had 100K on it, with no other known issues besides the AC). They are known for faulty BCMs and the 3.4L GM 3400 is known for blowing head and lower intake gaskets.

It's not worth the trouble. I'm looking at about 2 grand to fix the computers in it, plus one mechanic was concerned about the radiator as well. I don't have anywhere to work on it anyway, nor the tools/equipment. I know somebody that does, but it's not worth the hassle.

The tires are only a few months old and the battery was put in less than one month ago. I'm going to get the car cleaned out, pull the tires and battery and sell them (we have leads on a guy that will buy the tires from us, so we'll get some money back at least), and selling the rest of it to one of those "we buy junk cars for $500" guys. I tried talking to a wrecking yard a while back when I went to pick up a part that I ordered for another car and asked how much they would give me for mine. They said that they could only do like $200

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

To be honest, I would fix ur current vehicle because u know what u have and what need to be fixed.. Unless u can safe a little more money and buy something decent.. Buying another car for 3-4 grands will bring you another trouble...

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

It's often better to fix what you have then to buy a new can of worms.

this is assuming the repair cost is less than the vehicles value, that's my cutoff point when repair cost exceeds value.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived