The crossfit gym behind my house.

Ok begin rant! I'm so sick of their shit I don't know what to do. They play music loud until about 9pm, and when I say loud, I mean last night i was in my bedroom watching tv, which is about 10 feet from me, and couldn't hear it over their music, with my doors and windows closed. The building is easily about 150 feet max from the back of my house. It's a big steel industrial building. SO everything they do, music, slamming weights down, get's magnified. I won't ever understand that shit either. WHY DO YOU HAVE TO SLAM THE WEIGHTS DOWN!!?? Stop being a pussy and complete the set by setting the weights down. You don't see that shit going on in places like 24 hour, or crunch or family fitness. Or at least I don't.

Anyway, I've talked to them several times about these issues, as well as, in the spring and summer months, they have meets in their little ass building. So the entire neighborhood is overrun with their cars parked all over our neighborhood. I have to literally plan it out if I'm going to leave and there's a meet. I have to move one of my trucks down on the street, the other is on the street already, so I can block my house from being parked in front of. If I have to leave to run an errand, and my wife is still home, I have to put her car where my truck parks so I know I'll have a spot when I come home. I've talked to them about that. Nothing.

I've even written an email and filled out a form for the city, and nothing has been done.

I don't know what else to do. Short of moving, which isn't really a possibility right now, the only other option is to start calling the PD nightly. I mean, I could walk in there with a baseball bat and smash the fucking stereo, but that won't really solve anything and i'll end up being the one in trouble.

We were there before this place started up. So it's not one of those, you should've known before you moved in things. I just want to come home after work, and relax and not have to hear the bullshit.

Ok end rant!

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would look up the noise ordinance and call PD every time they provide noise pollution. Or you could go battle them with bass lol.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I thought about that too, but the truck won't be up and running for a while. Plus, I'm sure they'd just enjoy it and work out to it. So it wouldn't really do me any good. Now, if I followed the owner home, and did it in front of his house all night, that might work.

Yeah, I'm going to start looking into other things like that. Get the PD on speed dial. So sick of it.

I thought about that too, but the truck won't be up and running for a while. Plus, I'm sure they'd just enjoy it and work out to it. So it wouldn't really do me any good. Now, if I followed the owner home, and did it in front of his house all night, that might work.

Yeah, I'm going to start looking into other things like that. Get the PD on speed dial. So sick of it.

CROSSFIT BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broscience.jpg

How is a residential area so close to an industrial one?

Anyways, yeah Dude, 9pm seems late. I'd file noise complaints like crazy to force some action.

Or.........you could just join crossfit so then you're in the noise itself and it won't seem so bad. :rofl:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

You cannot do shit about it... On picture below is our current construction side.. Try to put in neighbors position .. Town let them build it and there is nothing they can do..

1339CBC0-9511-49FC-A0CB-6BE6A3366F73.jpg

In addition a few years back I used to live very close to woods and some assholes were riding four-wheelers all day long. I called cops multiple times and they said that they cannot do anything about it..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

CROSSFIT BRUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broscience.jpg

How is a residential area so close to an industrial one?

Anyways, yeah Dude, 9pm seems late. I'd file noise complaints like crazy to force some action.

Or.........you could just join crossfit so then you're in the noise itself and it won't seem so bad. :rofl:

Actually it's interesting. We're right on the edge of the neighborhood. When we moved in it was a party rental place, and a spa repair place. That's it. Then the party rental place outgrew the facility and it sat vacant for a bit. Another fitness place came in, but it didn't work out, no pun intended. Then this place came in, and it's been downhill ever since.

I joined another club, trying to get my fat ass in shape again. I went there a couple of times when it opened up, but I didn't like the atmosphere there. Sucks cause it is right behind us, and I could really just say, hey i know that's too loud turn it down. But I didn't want to go back.

They've CLEARLY outgrown the place. They really need to move. But I can't make them move.

You cannot do shit about it... On picture below is our current construction side.. Try to put in neighbors position .. Town let them build it and there is nothing they can do..

1339CBC0-9511-49FC-A0CB-6BE6A3366F73.jpg

In addition a few years back I used to live very close to woods and some assholes were riding four-wheelers all day long. I called cops multiple times and they said that they cannot do anything about it..

Actually I can do shit about it. I just looked up the ordinances and there are certain rules about being near residential areas for businesses. My town has pretty strict noise laws. I printed it out and I'll be contacting the city and the pd about it.

It also has sections in there about your situation, which is a construction situation. They have to get permits and obide by certain ordinances and db levels etc. but it's only within certain hours. Every town is different, but like they're restricted in ours to a 7am to 7pm limit. They add additional db levels to the ordinance, which is where the permit comes in, and it's based on how close the nearest resident is.

I have written out an email to the company, and I will try one last time to do something about it between them and myself. If that doesn't work, I'll take additional steps.

I don't want to go to war with a business, but I will if it means getting my peace and quiet back, and my kids being able to sleep when they go to bed at night. I can't even sleep with my windows open when the weather is nice because of the noise, not necessarily at night because we wait until they close to do it, but it's more in the mornings like on the weekends when we want to sleep in and can't.

These neighbors are a pain in th ass but honestly I would b pissed to and I feel sorry for them but Im just doing my job.. We had cops and uninformed inspectors from township a couple times trying to close the job, but never succeeded..

hope you will get it figured out..

sometimes Loud is NOT pretty

Sounds like its safe to go ahead and bend that ass over.

Archived