• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got offered a good internship. The ceo calls back five minutes later to tell me that instead of the pay being 13.5 an hour it is 11, but maybe we can split it down the middle, 12.75, you should receive an offer for 12.25. So fuck professionalism I guess?

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Singer 240 Amp (Will be installed later)

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds 6.5 Meso Components

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Got offered a good internship. The ceo calls back five minutes later to tell me that instead of the pay being 13.5 an hour it is 11, but maybe we can split it down the middle, 12.75, you should receive an offer for 12.25. So fuck professionalism I guess?

Sucks that they changed their offer, but you will still make more as an intern than I do as an EMT lol. What field?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Sucks that they changed their offer, but you will still make more as an intern than I do as an EMT lol. What field?

Marketing. Minimum here is already near 10 bucks an hour though. Cost of living makes 11 seem like alot less than it sounds. I'd also have no medical benefits which I have where I currently work. I'm thinking about declining the offer and holding out for something better. That type of uncertainty really makes me worried about investing my time in a business like that. Where do you live anyways? Minimum across the river in portland is going up to 14 soon I believe..............

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

Marketing. Minimum here is already near 10 bucks an hour though. Cost of living makes 11 seem like alot less than it sounds. I'd also have no medical benefits which I have where I currently work. I'm thinking about declining the offer and holding out for something better. That type of uncertainty really makes me worried about investing my time in a business like that. Where do you live anyways? Minimum across the river in portland is going up to 14 soon I believe..............

Indiana, min is 7.25, our cost of living is way less here, I have little advice in marketing lol, don't have any experience in it lol. Career move wise though sounds to me like you would be better waiting, unless this is like a highly coveted huge growth potential internship

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

raising the minimum is not a good thing.. when it goes up so does the cost of living.. i dont get how people cant see that.. we always end up worse

Indiana, min is 7.25, our cost of living is way less here, I have little advice in marketing lol, don't have any experience in it lol. Career move wise though sounds to me like you would be better waiting, unless this is like a highly coveted huge growth potential internship

Yea I'm majoring in management information systems. Huge growing market for that kinda stuff. Currently I'd say im still a good year away from being skilled enough to be worth hiring as an intern though. I currently work at a car audio store so I do enjoy where I work.

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

raising the minimum is not a good thing.. when it goes up so does the cost of living.. i dont get how people cant see that.. we always end up worse

Oh trust me i know lol. Up here in the good old northwest we decided to raise the minimum in seattle to 15 :) My mom has been working in insurance for 20 years and is only making 18 an hour. It's really irritating to think that someone who is flipping burgers isn't too far off the wage of someone who has been working hard for that long. On the bright side we'll probably see kiosks at fast food now. So now the overpaid burger flipper cant mess up my order anymore lol

1999 Lexus GS 300

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Northstar Group 31 & 24

Sundown SCV-4000

Rockford T400-4

2 12" CT Sound Meso

CT Sounds Tropo 6.5

GM and their fucktard engineers and shitty plastic.

molex plugs in the rear but not in the front, what the fuck?!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Archived