41 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Do you know what kind of belt they used?

I've seen problems multiple times with dayco timing belts and tensioners, and their serp belts too.

Don't know yet, but the mechanic sad he will hold the parts for me. I don't know what's going on, but I do know it's a shitload of work to replace. Water pump is on the inside behind the belt, and I did notice some coolant leaking over the past few weeks. Could have affected the belt, just don't know yet until he gets into it.

Swear to God my last car without a timing chain.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the waterpump is driven by the timing belt they should have replaced it when they did the belt, if they didn't do so id strongly consider finding a new mechanic.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I'm thinking either they didn't replace the pump and it's starting to leak, causing the belt to slip a rib or two, or they just didn't do any of it.

We'll find out when they call me back. I'm beyond pissed, but don't know yet who I need to be pissed at... well, besides me for buying a fucking mercedes designed chrysler.

2007 Pacifica

Scheduled off Thursday and Friday. Forecast calls for rain

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

4 hours ago, srp365 said:

I'm thinking either they didn't replace the pump and it's starting to leak, causing the belt to slip a rib or two, or they just didn't do any of it.

We'll find out when they call me back. I'm beyond pissed, but don't know yet who I need to be pissed at... well, besides me for buying a fucking mercedes designed chrysler.

I'm sure they did something to it or it would be running good. Like before you took it to them. They probably didn't get it back together right. Like a tooth off or something. 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

No, new mechanic. Not going back to the other guy. Would rather pay to have it done right than get the run around. Will take the old parts back to him, though.

2007 Pacifica

Every night i go to sleep hoping that someone will either smash into my car and total it or steal it.

And every morning i walk out of the house to go to work and its still there untouched just staring at me with a grin on its face telling me im stuck with it.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Go take a drive in the country and hit a deer and then a guard rail and anyn Ther thing you can find. 

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I trust this shop and all, since they handle all our company cars... but damn they're just now giving me a "worst case" quote and lifting the motor to look inside. Waited all day for a sensor just to tell me "it's not the sensor that's the problem" when the goddamn motor is ticking.

Maybe I'm being impatient, or an asshole, or both... but $760 is ridiculous for a repair for a problem that shouldn't even exist, and wouldn't exist on a timing chain motor.

2007 Pacifica

Archived