On 1/10/2019 at 8:20 PM, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

Non serviceable drive shaft, really Ford, fucking really?

You gotta be kidding me with this shit.

My center support bearing went on my truck a couple years ago Ford wanted 12hundred for a new drive shaft, had our machine shop in town make me a custom shaft and all parts are serviceable for 700. I don’t know who is engineering these new cars but they have never seen snow or salt before . Shitty part was the bearing was fine the rubber bushing deteriorated that holds the bearing in. But that’s life living in the north.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

• Replies 19.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

My center support bearing went on my truck a couple years ago Ford wanted 12hundred for a new drive shaft, had our machine shop in town make me a custom shaft and all parts are serviceable for 700. I don’t know who is engineering these new cars but they have never seen snow or salt before . Shitty part was the bearing was fine the rubber bushing deteriorated that holds the bearing in. But that’s life living in the north.

My bearing was fine too, the cage around it broke from rust.

Picked up a junk yard one for now, if it goes again I'll get a custom one, or light the truck on fire, not sure which yet.

Its engineered to make them money, designed to fail and not be serviceable so you gotta buy a whole new $900 drive shaft instead a of a $30 bearing.

Pure bullshit.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna be up to -55 windchill tomorrow, good news my work closed and I get paid 

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Gonna be up to -55 windchill tomorrow, good news my work closed and I get paid 

I feel you, bro, supposed to get to -45 with wind chill here, i still gotta work though.

I feel for all the guys that work for utility companies in this shit, man, gotta be a real shitty job this time of year.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

18 minutes ago, Broke_Audio_Addict said:

I feel you, bro, supposed to get to -45 with wind chill here, i still gotta work though.

I feel for all the guys that work for utility companies in this shit, man, gotta be a real shitty job this time of year.

Yeah my work got smart about this shit and said it’s not worth it , I’ve been there over 20yrs and this is the second time this happened . I’m not bitching sucks having salt drip in your mouth and down your back . It always finds a way to get in your face.

WTF ,that’s with out windchill .

D39B6ABC-0CA6-44A5-A2BD-006D94EEA6AE.jpeg

Got my warmer on, it was hard to find one in an extra small.

35DF461E-9213-453B-ADB8-C4642B0D3FA2.png

Not getting the position at work you tried for.  Again.  Guess I will continue making $12k less per year for a while longer.  ???

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 1 month later...

Two year old vizio soundbar took a shit last week and wont turn on anymore. Took the opportunity to upgrade, onkyo receiver, and Pioneer Andrew Jones speaker/sub set. Came in today, one of the towers got fucked up in shipping. The piss me off part is my dumbass was so excited to see my new toys I didnt inspect the boxes before signing.

Archived