Second Skin Audio

Take a look at this!!

I used Torres along with pencil and paper to calculate it.. Spec are in first post....

And I guess I'm gonna modify it a little to give more room between the motors..

Yea come listen to it when it's done.. Won't be running all my equipment till summer tho.. Buying stuff as my bank account let's me haha

Laying frame soon.. System has to wait

Bro i know watcha mean, i always gotta buy one thing at a time. Is there any good shows/comps in htown bc theres none here in Charleston

2000 stratus10 SunDown E-10s

Singer 250amp Alt

Xs Power D975Concept c2400All 0 gauge wire10 6 1/2's in Rear Doors

Okay so I did some revamping,

ported section is a little over 18 cubes

sealed sections are 4.04 each

(All after displacements)

just shy of 20 sq in or port per cube

Tuned at 50.xx hz

Around 3-4 inches between motor where as they will be inverted into the ported section.

Will be 4 dc level 4 15s one 3.5 until I have the charging to add a second.

Will those subs like the alotted specs? Or should I do some changes again?

I was planning on building this over this weekend but due to changes in design I've had to wait..

No BS comments.. If youve never done a BP or your audio handicapped keep your opinion to yourself

Thanks have a nice day :)

If needed I can send my sketchup file when I get off work for someone to really check it out and see what they can do...

Or if someone is willing to redesign it alltogether

Feel free to PM me

Edited by 99fullsizechevy

why are you inverting them? looks? being able to smell the coils? i remember someone said they had done testing and found that normal mounting was always louder. i think it ends up looking cleaner as well, no wiring visible.

recently reread this (info at the bottom)

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/12304-my-u2x-car/

important quote:

I get how Oki's designs work, and agree with him you shouldn't base the end resultant upon 1 driver x then number you have. Its simple when you think about it, the rear chambers are heavily damped from being fairly compact but you build up a great amount of control and reduce the overall Xmax. Your in a sense restraining the excursion. However, the front waves are therefore much more powerful, couple that with a chamber with a decent set of rads for a desired bandwidth and you get a killer setup.

The 4th orders i've heard tend to loose out on output when using larger sealed cabs, your reducing the compression with a larger chamber and defeating the object of the effects of 'bandpass' on the suspenion of the driver. Large rear cabs and semi large front makes for just a muddy undefined sound, also at a cost of output.

Its fair to say Oki's systems show exactly why a bandpass need not depend on the F3 of the driver.

theres more in there though. go read it lol.

makes me wonder about the 2 cubes rear.

need an expert in here lol

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Yes for one I want to be able to smell the coils.. I would hate for them to go up in smoke..

And I have a small understanding of 4th orders, I've read a ton but have only built two..

I've always read smaller sealer side helps control the subs excursion more thus it being only 2 cubes per driver an they are recommended for 2.75..

The larger ported side has always been told as better.. The more the better.. I'm not going off a strict 2:1 ratio I went off what I tonight was best sealed and the most ported I could squeeze out...

So yea I'm in dire need Of some expert advise.. Or design.. I don't wanna waste 400 bucks building glassing and installing a box that is destened for failure...

AQ FTW!!!!

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.