XS Power

New battery? Extra battery? Bigger alternator?

• 1 month later...

Im sorry to add to this but i also have a 2003 lincoln LS suffering from same situation. The Main battery is in the trunk and in order to do a big 3 upgrade i would need to run a 0gauge wire from the front alternator housing all the way to the trunk which im trying to avoid. My car has either a 110 or 140amp alternator. This car also is uni body and with a 500watt mono JL Audio amp and 4 channel mbquart 300 watt amp,and a yellow top optima as my main battery. The lights still dim and even cause the car to have a misfire, trans to act funny, which throws a CEL on the dash when your bumping the stereo. The power cables coming from the alternator are 2 - 2gauge wires running from front of the car to the back on opposite sides stock. Factory grounding in this car for the trunk is a shi**y thin peice of sheet metal below the bumper in the spare tire compartment. I tried a cap and didnt do anything. People say add another battery and you will be fine, but i dont understand how for such low wattage, how my stock alternator isnt enough. Other people say you need better alternator which for my car is rare to find for less then $700+ dollars. Someone please give me advice on what my best and easiest route would be. Thank you

Edited by Amit Gajjar